Who Next? - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

Now we need to ensure we stick with the sports science and and analysis. Abiet we'll need someone else as Henderson seems to have joined the snake list

This is a bit incidental, but I feel sorry for the previous guy at Falkirk who was sacked without any warning. Another layer of shite in the whole saga, somebody else getting fucked over.

AWMSC

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit incidental, but I feel sorry for the previous guy at Falkirk who was sacked without any warning. Another layer of s***e in the whole saga, somebody else getting ****ed over.

I'm sure I read during pre season that he'd been there for a considerable time as well.

I really hope falkirk go bust

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'm sure I read during pre season that he'd been there for a considerable time as well.

I really hope falkirk go bust

Just occurred to me there that henderson must have been on it from early on otherwise the previous guy wouldn't have been ditched so quickly, yet there he was offering to take training this week. Another addition to the snake list indeed. 

AWMSC

McGhee isn't a better managerial choice than anyone. He'd be a shocker.

A guy who has managed multiple clubs, won titles and promotion, done well in 2 spells at Motherwell vs a guy who has never managed?

It’s a pretty easy choice.

Morton are taking an extremely big risk here, this could end up being an utter disaster.

A guy who has managed multiple clubs, won titles and promotion, done well in 2 spells at Motherwell vs a guy who has never managed?

Morton are taking an extremely big risk here, this could end up being an utter disaster.

Behave.

AWMSC

Agreed that this is a significant risk, but if you can't see the baggage that's followed McGhee around for years now you're burying your head in the sand. Once upon a time he was very highly-regarded, but there's a reason he's now getting chased out of places like Barnet.

None of this reflects at all on JJ, who could go either way, but I'm glad it wasn't McGhee.

EOho8Pw.png

So what you are saying is we took an unknown risk over a clear and obvious risk?

Glad you are on board with the appointment

That''s a very selective assessment of McGhee. He's washed up and no loss.

Fuck off.

*insert signature here*

Agreed that this is a significant risk, but if you can't see the baggage that's followed McGhee around for years now you're burying your head in the sand. Once upon a time he was very highly-regarded, but there's a reason he's now getting chased out of places like Barnet.

None of this reflects at all on JJ, who could go either way, but I'm glad it wasn't McGhee.

That’s fair. I’m a bit more tolerant of McGhee than most others.

I’m not a big fan of appointing inexperienced managers, prefer other clubs to take that risk.

However, of course it could work out.

It would be stupid of me to write the guy off, he could very well be a success.

I’d far rather take this gamble than see Aitken or Smith get the job, or McCulloch for that matter.

I’m not a big fan of appointing inexperienced managers, prefer other clubs to take that risk.

I’d far rather take this gamble than see Aitken or Smith get the job, or McCulloch for that matter.

^^ sobbed his eyes out when Duffy left.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Think about it though - we're not going to go down this season due to the likes of Alloa and Grangemouth being in the league, if it doesn't work out then we can get rid at the end of the season. We are in a decent position to take a chance on an unknown quantity and not really face any dramatic consequences if it goes tits up. 

He wasn't my first choice, but I'd gladly have him over any dross like McCulloch or McGhee.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Experience?

Sometimes taking a chance can be a good thing.

Hal Stewart - cigarette salesman

Benny Rooney - still playing when appointed

We have to support JJ who'll hopefully get us up into the top half of the table fighting for promotion - not just a play-off place.

Archived