Dumbarton Vs Morton - Prelude To Sligo Rovers Away - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Vs Morton - Prelude To Sligo Rovers Away

BishopBrennan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's going to be the attitude to cup competitions the club should have the decency to forfeit ties rather than expecting fans to waste their time watching the youth team.

Like everyone else I take 'rotation' to mean changes like Gaston, Waddell, Thomson and Bell coming into the team, first team players who need game time in like for like swaps. Not 11 changes with youth players making their first starts. We'll never see half of those players again, what a ridiculous exercise.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Given that we only lost by one goal we could have played a slightly stronger team and probably advanced.

Indeed. Making a few changes is one thing, but that line-up was another altogether, McKinnon should get his baws booted for that.

Again, using the League Cup as preparation was fine but when you deliberately write off a second cup after two league games then that's not really acceptable.

AWMSC

MacKinnon has, by disregarding these cups, guaranteed that he will be hounded if we don't finish top 4. Think it is a real disappointment that we as Morton fans have to settle for the fact that we will NEVER win a cup.

Backing the team 100% and hope that MacKinnon and the boys finish as high up as possible but very disgruntled that we have forfeited two cups.

Not a terrible result considering the lineup, but no wonder some fans don't care about the competition given the disregard McKinnon has shown it. How invested can you get in a tournament when even the manager doesn't really care at all about winning it?

Really poor from McKinnon tonight. We could have rotated a bit and still been favourites. Why put out a team with such a limited chance of winning?

You do not speak for the majority.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Booing / slating of Forbes was embarrassing. Made a cracking contribution in his time here despite his obvious limitations at times, and we would of absolutely not won the league if we still had Andy Barrowman in that team.

This is going to be a long spell for Tiffoney, and rightly so. Deserves that reception due to his behaviour.

2nd half had some positives. Armour came on and contributed as much as or more than what McHugh has done over past 2 games. Lyon looked decent, K Thomson certainly improved as the game went on but was having a stinker in the first half. Langan grew into the game in the 2nd half but looked absolutely lost first half.

Very unlucky after a shocking 1st half. Definetly deserved that equaliser but was one of those nights. MacLean unlucky with his free kicks, more power and they were in.

Overall way too many changes tonight. Went from one extreme of Duffy not changing to this.

I'm never going to be happy that we lost. Especially not to a pub time like Dumbarton. I'd prefer to get the monkey of not winning this cup off our backs. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It's hard to fathom exactly what he hoped to learn from this evening's farce. If he wanted to see our reserve team he could watch them anytime they play. If he wanted to see how some players might do in the first team then he could have fielded seven or eight of the first team and given three or four fringe players the chance to show what they might do with quality players around them.

What could he possibly learn from this evening that he didn't already know?

Amazing some people still can't comprehend McKinnon doing what he did. Stop overanalysing it. It's a pointless competition with minimal financial reward so was treated with the contempt it deserved.

What difference does the money make to you or me? I'd like a chance to go Wales or NI and skelp one of their pub teams, and maybe even a day out at a final. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived