Dumbarton Vs Morton - Prelude To Sligo Rovers Away - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Vs Morton - Prelude To Sligo Rovers Away

BishopBrennan

The only positive to take from this disgrace is that the very obvious point that throwing children into first team football doesn't magically transform them into six figure assets might finally penetrate Warren Hawke's skull and take root in his brain. A youth system that consists of 'play whatever youth players we have regardless of how good they are' is so obviously abject nonsense which will only give those youth players the experience of being absolutely pumped and demoralised.

You're forgetting that the real purpose of youth based sustainability is for Iron Man to use his second-to-none negotiating skills to, err, let players walk away for token compensation and an absolutely pointless six month loan back. The debt will be paid off in no time!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team could do with being formally introduced to each other.

The goal means we probably won’t see any subs at half time, sadly.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

You're forgetting that the real purpose of youth based sustainability is for Iron Man to use his second-to-none negotiating skills to, err, let players walk away for token compensation and an absolutely pointless six month loan back. The debt will be paid off in no time!

I know it's off-topic but I'm still surprised at how little uproar there's been over this.

EOho8Pw.png

Needless sidetrack from what we should be focusing everything on. Good riddance.

Given that we only lost by one goal we could have played a slightly stronger team and probably advanced.

EOho8Pw.png

Not a terrible result considering the lineup, but no wonder some fans don't care about the competition given the disregard McKinnon has shown it. How invested can you get in a tournament when even the manager doesn't really care at all about winning it?

Really poor from McKinnon tonight. We could have rotated a bit and still been favourites. Why put out a team with such a limited chance of winning?

A lot better second half. MacLean unlucky with 2 free kicks and put a few decent balls in the box. 2nd half deserved a goal more than the first. Don’t think Dumbarton did anything in the second half.

Needless sidetrack from what we should be focusing everything on. Good riddance.

Yes, it was really important to make sure everyone was fit for our big game on Sat oh wait we don't actually have one because the club already dinghied that competition before the Glasgow fair was over. 

The idea that a professional, full-time football club is incapable of playing 36 league games as well as a minor competition without losing performance somewhere is truly laughable. It's a midweek trip to Dumbarton, not Almaty FFS. We're as well calling it a day and folding now if the prospect of both walking* and chewing gum* at the same time is now viewed with trepidation at this once-proud football club.

Sad!

* ...the league

* smashing permadiddies en route to a British Isles lap of honour in the cup

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Did anyone notice Oliver tapping his head a few times while the players were applauding the fans at the end?

McKinnon laughing walking off the park as well.

They obviously don't care about the tournament(s). I want the league title delivered if that's the case.

Posted Image

Archived