Duffy - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Duffy

TheGoon

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video is brilliant

And to think he's now got to take his team to Parkhead on Saturday.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Duffy has rebuilt his reputation as he has shown significant improvement year on year whilst he has been our manager so it is only natural that teams will not take notice.

Personally, I think Kilmarnock would be a poor choice as they are in a mess at the moment and many a manager has come and gone. However, Duffy will want to test himself at the highest level and you just need to look at the outcry there was when we appointed him and it is only now the fans are warming to him.

Hawke said in a recent interview, maybe not word for word, but we were not ready to go up and there was, ANOTHER, 5 year plan in place for progression, stadium etc etc So, Duffy will know if it is better the devil you know or time to move on.

Kilmarnock would need to pay compensation to get him but maybe they are in a position to do so with the sale of their striker and management compensation.

He would definitely be interested in the role I am sure but like someone else touched on, I have always had the feeling Mark McGee will be the manager of us one day so maybe when they release him from Motherwell we will see Duffy go one way and McGee another . . .

Duffy has rebuilt his reputation as he has shown significant improvement year on year whilst he has been our manager so it is only natural that teams will not take notice.

Personally, I think Kilmarnock would be a poor choice as they are in a mess at the moment and many a manager has come and gone. However, Duffy will want to test himself at the highest level and you just need to look at the outcry there was when we appointed him and it is only now the fans are warming to him.

Hawke said in a recent interview, maybe not word for word, but we were not ready to go up and there was, ANOTHER, 5 year plan in place for progression, stadium etc etc So, Duffy will know if it is better the devil you know or time to move on.

Kilmarnock would need to pay compensation to get him but maybe they are in a position to do so with the sale of their striker and management compensation.

He would definitely be interested in the role I am sure but like someone else touched on, I have always had the feeling Mark McGee will be the manager of us one day so maybe when they release him from Motherwell we will see Duffy go one way and McGee another . . .

I think he'll wait it out to see if we'll go to the premiership first, maybe even another year with us keeping us in the premiership if we do go up although I don't see him here much longer than that.

In my opinion, if he left to go to Kilmarnock now in the short term yes he'll get a better wage and will be in a more reputable league however in the long term, if he manages to get Morton into the premiership for the first time since 1988 and keeps us there for a year he'd easily get more money from a different club than Kilmarnock in an even more reputable league like down south or abroad. It depends on if he wants short term or long term success.

Discounting the obviously not going to happen jobs of Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs/St Johnstone/Dundee Utd, the only club I'm sure he would leave for are Dundee. I realise he's done that twice already, but as much as their fans turned against him in his second spell he's still a Dundee legend and I can't see him ever turning it down if they approached him. Whether their board would be willing to go for him with his prior history there is another issue. That's not to say he'd definitely turn down Kilmarnock or another club of their stature, but the only one I'd be certain we'd lose him to is Dundee.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Thats John McKendrick he is having a go at is it not?

Wish Mark lamped him tbh.

yes its that fat McKendrick guy.  Whats he doing as FOURTH official!!!

I agree that i wish McGhee or ANYONE really would deck him.  I agree with McGhee comments (although he is talking about actual game) that McKendrick has an agenda and has an attitude from the very 1st minute.

Apart from McKendrick being an atrocious ref for Morton games in last few games esp St.Johnstone cup game and Raith Rovers league match away, he has had some terrible displays elsewhere.  I watched the Alloa v Falkirk game last year on Alba and he did his damnedest to get Falkirk the victory.........he sent the guy hill off the pitch twice to treat a head wound when he was clearly ok.  He is miles behind play when a team breaks away quickly and looks clearly unfit with his fat belly.

Sometimes, officials are just out to get you........they showed the Motherwell goal against Dundee on tv today but it wasnt given........and McGhee got banned for it.

Regan and Doncaster are a shambles; 2 Yorkshire morons.  We could now end up with a Welsh team winning the Scottish challenge cup!!  They will have to rename it as British Challenge cup next season

McKendrick is head of the Referees' Union isn't he? He's always been Category 1 as far as I remember, yet seems to get less televised matches than most of his colleagues.

yes mckendrick is head of union..........he was the one that tried to get the refs to strike!!

He has a chip on BOTH shoulders it appears about things in life.

Also, i think it was HIM that Jim McInally at Peterhead wouldnt have his meal after the game with (cant remember what terrible decisions mckendrick made)

McKendrick is head of the Referees' Union isn't he? He's always been Category 1 as far as I remember, yet seems to get less televised matches than most of his colleagues.

yes mckendrick is head of union..........he was the one that tried to get the refs to strike!!

He has a chip on BOTH shoulders it appears about things in life.

Also, i think it was HIM that Jim McInally at Peterhead wouldnt have his meal after the game with (cant remember what terrible decisions mckendrick made)

While I don't particularly like McGhee or McInally, McKendrick has to be one of the worst refs in our country. Everytime I have seen him, he has been absolutely dross (mostly for both teams, so im not suggesting he is biased or anything).

I think the guy is actually completely incompetent as a referee & that probably explains why he doesn't actually get a lot of big games even though he has the qualifications to do so

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

McKendrick just seems egotistical. He looks like he loves the attention and is happy to get it. Explains some of his frankly stupid decisions. Cunts at the wind-up.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

McKendrick just seems egotistical. He looks like he loves the attention and is happy to get it. Explains some of his frankly stupid decisions. **** at the wind-up.

His behaviour at Beith a couple of months ago was absolutely bizarre. At a point he'd given a free kick in front of the Morton fans and started to get his usual pelters as he was in close proximity before turning round and blowing kisses.

I'm at pains to complain about this- if you give out abuse, you should expect something back, but I couldn't help but think it's completely unprofessional from a match official. If a player in the opposing team gets it then you sort of expect it as the grief they're getting often tends to be a backhanded compliment because they're likely to have done your team some harm, but in McKendrick's face, it's down to his incompetence, and some might say cheating.

I'd prefer to go down the incompetence route to explain some of his decisions against us in recent years, but making light of decisions that have cost clubs and angered players and fans isn't the sort of behaviour you should expect from a referee.

Suspect I'll be hit with various

"who cares" replies here, but anyone know exactly what's happened at Greenock Juniors? They're about to go under.

I know the Port were in bother a while ago but I'm not sure what came of it. Greenock appear to be in even deeper shit though.

Let's be honest, McKendrick is just incompetent - during "That Match" at Cappielow, his decision at the free kick was only one of a number of poor decisions he made, and in some ways some of his other ones were actually worse than what was a judgement call in a pressure situation, including (if I remember rightly) booking a St Johnstone player for a bad tackle and then giving the resultant free kick to St Johnstone, and at least one decision that had to be corrected by the fourth official.

But he's hardly alone.  Dallas was poor last Sunday, and the linesman simply laughable, and Madden failed to offer any proper protection to our players when QOTS were trying to cripple them the weekend before that.

I've always thought that there's a general attitude amongst referees when a SPL team plays a lower league team that somehow the SPL team needs protecting from over physicality (ie hammer throwers trying to kick lumps out of the opposition) - Lamie's booking on Sunday being an example. Whilst there may be some merit - I'd never condone deliberately dangerous tackles that might end the career of a highly gifted player - it isn't automatically the case that the lower league team will play like that.  In our case, we'd be struggling to find anyone as physically big as most of the Rangers squad for example.

Archived