The State Of Cappielow. - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The State Of Cappielow.

kenton

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, how many seats in the away end does the first three rows not being available put out of use? Falkirk are a shower of bastards and everything, but how are they all going to fit in there?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The Ladbrokes advertising boards are up now, the league 1 board is still there im all its glory on the away end of the stand.

Seats are also being put back together in the stand and the replacement barrier is complete.

Still waiting on the wde stairs getting painted hopefully soon

Painting of the stairs is crucial!!!

I can see chaos on Saturday as I expect Fakirk to comfortably fill the stand.  Why not just give them the WDE? It'll certainly be financially viable.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Painting of the stairs is crucial!!!

I can see chaos on Saturday as I expect Fakirk to comfortably fill the stand. Why not just give them the WDE? It'll certainly be financially viable.

They've got the WDE as a contingency plan apparently. If it's there as a contingency then surely it we could just give them it? Why wouldn't we just do that? Surely the club can't be so dumb that they don't realise how much away fans would rather be in the WDE?!

The club really have to get their act together regarding away fans. The stand puts so many off and an uncovered WDE is not acceptable either. Stick the fence up for this season with a roof and redevelopment of WDE for next season starting. It's embarrassing and we are missing out on valuable income.

Is football the only sport that has segregation? Rugby, cricket, baseball and basketball are all mixed. Surely a few stewards would be all that was required to save expense of the fence?

There's also seats at the front of the old away section in the shed isn't there? Means away fans would have a choice.

Right, how many seats in the away end does the first three rows not being available put out of use? Falkirk are a shower of bastards and everything, but how are they all going to fit in there?

They've been out of use for a couple of years now.

Is football the only sport that has segregation? Rugby, cricket, baseball and basketball are all mixed. Surely a few stewards would be all that was required to save expense of the fence?

There's also seats at the front of the old away section in the shed isn't there? Means away fans would have a choice.

Plenty of basketball leagues are totally segregated. Mostly in the Balkans.

EOho8Pw.png

The club really have to get their act together regarding away fans. The stand puts so many off and an uncovered WDE is not acceptable either. Stick the fence up for this season with a roof and redevelopment of WDE for next season starting. It's embarrassing and we are missing out on valuable income.

See when you watch some of the games on the Morton clips thread, when the fence used to be there, even teams like Clyde and Stirling had decent supports.

And there used to be a pretty good atmosphere no matter who we were playing, because the fans were so close to each other.

The atmosphere was great when I first started going to Cappielow with the away fans behind the fence. The banter was good and there was plenty of singing. Also helped that we had exciting players to watch like Lilley, Alexander, Rajamaki Mcinnes and Lindberg. Changed times

Would love to see away fans closer to us by getting a bit of the shed.

Does there really need to be a fence for this to work though? Can you not just leave a gap - put some tape up and have a couple of stewards positioned there? Other grounds have it like that - or is that only acceptable in a seated stand?

Come to think of it, there's been a couple of times in recent years where away fans were in a part of the shed - Dunfermline springs to mind.

Can't Morton Just bite the bullet and formalise that?

To be fair I don't think the cost of putting a roof up would cover the extra away fans we'd get. It's debatable if we'd get any.

If they are doing development work it has to include something that will raise money apart from just on match days.

I don't think it would cover the cost however it's time Cappielow as a whole was modernised and that includes away supports. If you look where we have been seated in places like Partick, Raith, Dunfermline and the old midden stand to name a few then our facilities are embarrassing.

I don't think it would cover the cost however it's time Cappielow as a whole was modernised and that includes away supports. If you look where we have been seated in places like Partick, Raith, Dunfermline and the old midden stand to name a few then our facilities are embarrassing.

Ah yes, who can forget being shoe-horned into that little corner of the Jackie Husband stand at Firhill.   Behind the goal was ok right enough.  I agree with your point in general though.  If I was an away fan I'd be reluctant to come here if I was in the main stand, considering I even refuse to do it to watch Morton!

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Or the club could use those funds to hire a competent commercial management team, generate revenue from the remaining land owned and/or available near the ground, actually doing basic maintenance and cleaning for the main stand in general; all priorities that come far higher in the pecking order than placating some torn-faced diddies who will turn up at Cappielow twice a year. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I've said this before, but I don't actually think that having away fans in the Cowshed improves the atmosphere at the game as a whole all that much. The recent times when Dunfermline, Ayr, or St Johnstone fans have been in there testifies to that. What it does give is an opportunity to a relatively small group of fans either side to wind each other up - but this is pretty restricted to those just either side of the segregation. The problem is that most of the Cowshed have very little awareness of how many away fans there are, who's chanting what, or even what's going on between the sets of fans. 

It's much better when there's a decent crowd in the WDE, because then the whole shed has target which encourages larger scale singing rather than individuals shouting across at each other. It's always best for the atmosphere overall when two sets of fans are able to face each other (while not being too far away from each other). 

Archived