The State Of Cappielow. - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The State Of Cappielow.

kenton

Under the bin-bag like material that was covering it on saturday was some falsework in place - i assume forming part of a rebuild. Plus, i seen joiners in at Cappielow during the week. Can only assume work is being done on it just now. 

Work was being done on about the first third of the main stand when I was in yesterday, but not sure what work exactly.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are doing the same thing they done to the away section of the main stand.

Things were moving quickly when I was in yesterday hopefully be done for Saturday

What was done in the away end? I never really noticed!

Hopefully we'll have picked up a bit more in the way of match day advertising for the new season. Some of the boards at the WDE must be older than the ball boys.

Does that add to your matchday experience?

*insert signature here*

While advertising hoardings aren't really significant (well they do bring welcome revenue but they're not something fans should ever have to give a shit about) I hope to Christ they'll have the two boards with League One on them replaced with Championship boards by Saturday.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

While advertising hoardings aren't really significant (well they do bring welcome revenue but they're not something fans should ever have to give a s*** about) I hope to Christ they'll have the two boards with League One on them replaced with Championship boards by Saturday.

They'll be away. Ladbrokes won't stand for unbranded hoardings anyway after their investment in sponsoring the league, and the club had "Championship" hoardings at the last Renfrewshire Cup Final.

What annoys me is the themorotnshop.com hoardings. It must be about seven years since that website, which should've been a major source of revenue was in use. Not to mention that they were prominently positioned in the ground. Quite how something couldn't have replaced them is an absolute mystery. It's not really actually- it's down to sheer laziness.

They'll be away. Ladbrokes won't stand for unbranded hoardings anyway after their investment in sponsoring the league, and the club had "Championship" hoardings at the last Renfrewshire Cup Final.

What annoys me is the themorotnshop.com hoardings. It must be about seven years since that website, which should've been a major source of revenue was in use. Not to mention that they were prominently positioned in the ground. Quite how something couldn't have replaced them is an absolute mystery. It's not really actually- it's down to sheer laziness.

They were quick enough to take down our board, after we didn't renew our sponsorships. As yu say, not removing outdated boards is just pure laziness.

Is there any use in the stadium director?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The Ladbrokes advertising boards are up now, the league 1 board is still there im all its glory on the away end of the stand.

Seats are also being put back together in the stand and the replacement barrier is complete.

Still waiting on the wde stairs getting painted hopefully soon

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

The Ladbrokes advertising boards are up now, the league 1 board is still there im all its glory on the away end of the stand.

Seats are also being put back together in the stand and the replacement barrier is complete.

Still waiting on the wde stairs getting painted hopefully soon

Is that on the agenda?

None of the stairs at Cappielow have been painted in years. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived