The State Of Cappielow. - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The State Of Cappielow.

kenton

Someone mentioned the new gates at the away end and having just passed it I'm a bit miffed. Cappielow has been broken into a few times in recent years and they've just made it pretty easy for anyone to gain access to the ground.

TTG JIM!!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone mentioned the new gates at the away end and having just passed it I'm a bit miffed. Cappielow has been broken into a few times in recent years and they've just made it pretty easy for anyone to gain access to the ground.

The fact that we have been broken into on numerous occasions suggest that access wasn't much of a problem before.

I don't think it would cover the cost however it's time Cappielow as a whole was modernised and that includes away supports. If you look where we have been seated in places like Partick, Raith, Dunfermline and the old midden stand to name a few then our facilities are embarrassing.

I've just been watching a programme about SV Darmstadt, who have been promoted to the Bundesliga. Their ground is in an even worse nick than Cappielow, but their fans don't care, saying its traditional. If it's good enough for one of the best leagues in the world, I don't know why some of our fans get their knickers in a twist about the conditions for away fans.

Personally I think it will be funny as fuck if it's pissing down when the WDE is full of scum, Rangers and Hibs fans.

This is the first thing that crossed my mind when i seen it a few days back. 

Why didn't we use some of that 80k (my arse) to get a club crest on the gates, or at least have them blue and white?

FWIW, looks a great job by Inverweld (I think they done it)

TIME FOR CHANGE!

This is the first thing that crossed my mind when i seen it a few days back. 

Why didn't we use some of that 80k (my arse) to get a club crest on the gates, or at least have them blue and white?

FWIW, looks a great job by Inverweld (I think they done it)

I think there are plans to make things look a bit better inside and out so hopefully they happen. The board at the entrance to the stand is a good starting point for this and was a good start so hopefully the rest follows.

I think there are plans to make things look a bit better inside and out so hopefully they happen. The board at the entrance to the stand is a good starting point for this and was a good start so hopefully the rest follows.

Yeah, I've heard we have other plans to tart the stadium up, but let's be honest here; Crawford should take absolutely no credit - as stadium director - for these changes coming to fruition.

SALC for stadium director. :thumbup2:

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Yeah, I've heard we have other plans to tart the stadium up, but let's be honest here; Crawford should take absolutely no credit - as stadium director - for these changes coming to fruition.

It is a bit of a strange title when there isn't much development or managment of it involved.

I don't think the identity of the stadium director matters - there's no real maintenance budget to speak of to do much more than paper over the cracks.

I don't think the identity of the stadium director matters - there's no real maintenance budget to speak of to do much more than paper over the cracks.

Well, there should be because the stadium is an absolute mess and quite frankly embarrassing.

The cost of a professional painter can surely be afforded (?)

Do everything on a 4 year rotation (one stand per close season) that way everything is looked after every 4 years and money only needs to be concentrated on one area. 

Teams with much smaller budgets than us have better facilities, so im not buying into 'we canny afford it'. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Well, there should be

Agreed - though, to be fair, I think the stadium will have had more work done to it (and money spent on it) this summer than in the last three or four years combined. The problem is we've had to because of relative neglect during that period.

Agreed - though, to be fair, I think the stadium will have had more work done to it (and money spent on it) this summer than in the last three or four years combined. The problem is we've had to because of relative neglect during that period.

Yes - no doubt about that, but our outlay would be significantly less if we maintained things on a regular basis as opposed to just neglecting it, as you say, for years on end. 

That's not rocket science. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Obviously not that confident of a bumper crowd for the curtain raiser. Falkirk to be in the main stand only, and the first 3 rows of the stand will be out of action on Saturday.

http://gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=1444

Admitting to have either made an arse of the initial match details post - or their twitter comms - an update has now been posted to say the WDE WILL be open.

http://gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=1445

Not read all of this but with Cappielow being broken into like a revolving door, why on earth have we replaced the Dublin end gate with what you could only describe as a gate with easier access/more inviting.

Surely you should know if you really are the " Morton mole"

Archived