Championship 19/20 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was investing in his passion..not necessarily looking for a financial return ….400million on Euromillions…..if it had been me...I would definitely have pushed some jubbly Morton's way.

I wouldn't. Sole ownership or nothing. Otherwise you get... well, you get this exact situation.

EOho8Pw.png

Valid point....but if you suddenly find yourself with £400m. in your backpocket….ownership becomes an option...eh no?

Yeah, for sure. But I would avoid at all costs a scenario where you're basically a walking chequebook for people who don't have the same skin in the game. Ooh, you get your name on a youth system! You're Making A Difference! Meanwhile the boardroom is toxic as all getout and the club's in disarray.

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah, for sure. But I would avoid at all costs a scenario where you're basically a walking chequebook for people who don't have the same skin in the game. Ooh, you get your name on a youth system! You're Making A Difference! Meanwhile the boardroom is toxic as all getout and the club's in disarray.

Ownership offers influence re:board and all aspects re governance.Speaking for myself...I certainly would not be offering 'an open chequebook' until due diligence had been carried out .

Handing over money to a board/owner who's interests are no longer aligned with the club's in the long-term with little in the way of influence at the end of it. Sounds familiar.

AWMSC

They won £161 million and he’s since divorced the wife, who’ll have taken a massive cut of that. He’s obviously still worth an awful lot of money, but it’s nowhere near £400 million.

If i won 400million then not sure I could be arsed running a team

Craig Whyte took on running a Scottish football team for £1 and did an impeccable job. 

Give me the other £399,999,999 and I'd make a start on Airdrie. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Handing over money to a board/owner who's interests are no longer aligned with the club's in the long-term with little in the way of influence at the end of it. Sounds familiar.

They really have us over a barrel. I pledged to MCT because I see it as the least bad option for our immediate future.

Amazing how capital always gets off scot-free in the end, though. Fair play to Golden Casket, they've decimated the squad and made the fans pay for it. An absolute blinder from their perspective.

It's the bank bailout all over again.

EOho8Pw.png

Craig Whyte took on running a Scottish football team for £1 and did an impeccable job.

Give me the other £399,999,999 and I'd make a start on Airdrie.

Would happily see you do to Airdrie what Whyte did to Rangers VT

Sky Sports News are reporting that Dundee United have rejected a bid from Crystal Palace for Scott Banks. 

I see he's a "graduate" of one of the SFA performance schools.

Can any club just come along and pick off any of the players that they want from the schools? 

Players are normally already signed with the clubs.

The Hearts players like cochrane, hickie and Macdonald went to performance schools.

A local boy who's dad I know has been accepted into a performance school in Glasgow and as far as I know is linked to morton.

Archived