TheMortonForum.com
SpoonTon

Championship 19/20

Kenny Miller has left Dundee by mutual consent

Signed for Partick for the season, interested to see how that pans out.

Just been reading about this now. Seemingly Kearney sold his flat in Scotland and was going to commute daily back and forth to Belfast. I can understand St Mirren questioning his dedication to the job in that case.

The fact that the Coleraine managers job hasn't been filled yet, together with his former PE teachers job, makes it look he's been trying to work his ticket out of the club without resigning and walking away with no payout.

Anyway, Goodwin is a stick OK for that job now I reckon. I'll be happy to see the back of him, he certainly had us sussed last season.

That’s an interesting take on it! I actually felt it was the St Mirren board working his ticket for him, effectively forcing Kearney to leave so they can get Goodwin in without being accused of sacking another manager. They do have a bit of a back catalogue of these sort of tactics. Typical Paisley Behaviour!

With Doolan and Miller signed up, there's a relative dearth of known-quality strikers available for other clubs. For us it sounds like Muirhead might be the number nine.

Things pretty quiet otherwise...

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

With Doolan and Miller signed up, there's a relative dearth of known-quality strikers available for other clubs. For us it sounds like Muirhead might be the number nine.

Things pretty quiet otherwise...

I think you're being extremely generous to Miller there. His record last season was absolutely shite.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I think you're being extremely generous to Miller there. His record last season was absolutely shite.

One season doesn't make a striker. He'll be a good signing for the Rainbow bigots.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

That's a bit harsh. 8 goals in 33 league games isn't terrible at all IMO considering the shite team he was in. And the fact that he's 40 in December.

Wouldn't have wanted him here mind you.

I see the Falkirk season ticket boycott in protest to the board is going well with just the 1500+ fans signing up for the early bird price.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I see the Falkirk season ticket boycott in protest to the board is going well with just the 1500+ fans signing up for the early bird price.

Championship thread, keep it on topic please.

• Upvote 2

Jack Hamilton (the striker) signs for Queens on loan from Livi.

Old news, but Alloa’s manager goes to manage the skunks instead.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

So much for 50 clubs being after him and destined for a big club.

Purple patch over and he's Tam O'Ware'd it.

Still, a three-year deal and he'll be on decent money. For a player like him that's still a result.

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

McCall was letting everyone know that 3 'massive' teams were after him, 2 of which were down south. Reading  a few things about it, sounds like Shankland got too greedy and everyone pulled out. 

McCall was letting everyone know that 3 'massive' teams were after him, 2 of which were down south. Reading a few things about it, sounds like Shankland got too greedy and everyone pulled out.

I read it differently insofar as he said he was more concerned with getting a regular first team place rather than just money.

If he had gone to Sunderland for example he would have had much more competition than at Dundee United.

It will be interesting to see if he has made a good choice, if indeed he had other more lucrative options.

I read it differently insofar as he said he was more concerned with getting a regular first team place rather than just money.

That's what every dud says when they don't actually have any big money offers on the table though. Ayr and Shankland simply failed to capitalise at the peak of his purple patch in January, when the club rejected around £250k of real, actual money for the last six months of his contract to maintain their laughable, so-called 'promotion push'.

A decision that has worked out so well for them. 

ImprobableOblongAcornwoodpecker-size_res

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Did Shankland not say in January though that he was happy to see out the season with Ayr? Because of what happened at Aberdeen he perhaps wants to go where he’s more likely to get a start.

The word is he turned down Sunderland and chose United because he’d be guaranteed more game time, Hull City similarly. Now, I find that somewhat hard to believe for many reasons but if it is somehow the case, fair play to the boy.

I think his decision to reinvent himself with his fitness regime after disappointments at Aberdeen, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Morton, show the character of the player. I’ve no doubt it’s true that his decisions are for footballing reasons, and he certainly can’t be described as a dud in anybody’s language. I hope things work out for him.

• Downvote 5