Sign in to follow this  
Chesh

Ton Tv

I see the first video from Ton TV went live today with a video showing the teams first day back at training.

Good to see some good quality content coming so early.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Good content! Simple stuff but we’ve just not had it before really so nice to see.

20 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

Good to see and long overdue, but wasn't this meant to be introduced as part of the new website?

And it will be. Are you suggesting they can upload nothing before the website?

This is good. Need to get the microphones sorted for outdoor recording, but that's a relatively minor thing.

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Nice feature but can we get boys who can do push ups in to the shot please. 😭

Would be nice for the club Twitter account to post the video first rather than coming from our new PR person first and then sharing his Tweet.

Screams a bit CFB behaviour that.

• Upvote 1

Anyone got any idea who the trialists mentioned by Millar are? 

2 hours ago, Toby said:

It is nice to have a presenter that is clearly passionate and knowledgable about his club, though.

I like Gerry and don’t want to sound ignorant here but what’s the actual deal with him? Where did he come from... what’s his connection to us and what makes him qualified for the role he’s taken on with us? 

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

what’s his connection to us and what makes him qualified for the role he’s taken on with us? 

🤷‍♂️ no idea. Presume he's pals with MacKinnon and that if you work for Celtic in any capacity means you can work for Morton in any capacity too, even though the roles don't sound similar at all, judging by his LinkedIn.

46 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Given the backdrop on that video in assuming he's local.

Anyone know?

Think he's a full time hairdresser and works for the club part time. 

I don't mind his videos, etc and they are a lot better than what we're used to but PR and generating media aren't really the same thing.

The club really need someone with a marketing background to work on a strategy, brand guidelines, etc. 

Gerry is a full time hairdresser. He was a partner in Stewart’s in Greenock for years. 

He’s been involved with various production activities for 10+ years and left his role as a hairdresser to work for Celtic full time, mainly for Celtic TV. He also has authored a few books and regularly MCs local events.

He left The full time Celtic Jon and went back to working as a hairdresser while keeping part time activity going. He’s done a few local events “An evening with” type affairs, including with Andy Ritchie. He’s a local guy (Largs I believe) and don’t think he has ever hidden the fact he’s a Celtic fan.

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

TonTv sounds like it's going to be a proper commercial idea for the club, so having someone who can interview, present and commentate at a good level is a bonus. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

36 minutes ago, port-ton said:

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

TonTv sounds like it's going to be a proper commercial idea for the club, so having someone who can interview, present and commentate at a good level is a bonus. 

Yeah I agree imo he comes across quite well.

Would rather he, or anyone involved with the club, weren't as staunch supporters of the ugly sisters, but hey ho.

31 minutes ago, port-ton said:

He's qualified at his job and I enjoy him in the content. Couldn't care less who he supports tbh.

This is where we differ on him. I’ve never heard him commentate but I really, really hate his content.

The club are obviously trying to project a slicker image, and I dare say that in doing that, this is the sort of guy that you’ll get, someone with a fake tan, veneers and horrendous patter- see Gerry McCulloch at Celtic and David Tanner at Hibs. Give me a Jim Spence before a David Tanner any day of the week though.

Small mercies though, if JJ was still here we could’ve had fucking Jean involved.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Hej said:

Anyone got any idea who the trialists mentioned by Millar are? 

Karl Byrne ex Boston right back 

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/teams/24809/player/karl-byrne-2376536/66386

This absolutely mings of Timmins. Same division as Alfreton, of Sam Ramsbottom infamy.

Apparently played four seasons for something called Cabinteely - which frankly sounds made up by the tourist board - in the League of Ireland First Division (their second tier.)

From there, he went on to have one season at Frickley Athletic in tier 8 of the English setup, before ascending the dizzy heights to tier 6 for "The Pilgrims".

He failed to make an impact at the Boston Community Stadium*, having dual registration spells with Grantham Town (tier 7) and Buxton (also tier 7). In March of this year he moved to Bradford Park Avenue, then - as now - bottom of tier 6 in the same league as Boston.

I can't find a record of his making an appearance for Park Avenue, as the season ended pretty much as soon as he joined due to the 'VID - although he did appear against them for Boston at one point. In any case, he seems to have disappeared from the Bradford squad and is now a free agent.

Bet we sign him and I bet he's crap.

*presumably

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

Do you like Abba?

21 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

https://www.bostonunited.co.uk/teams/24809/player/karl-byrne-2376536/66386

This absolutely mings of Timmins. Same division as Alfreton, of Sam Ramsbottom infamy.

Apparently played four seasons for something called Cabinteely - which frankly sounds made up by the tourist board - in the League of Ireland First Division (their second tier.)

From there, he went on to have one season at Frickley Athletic in tier 8 of the English setup, before ascending the dizzy heights to tier 6 for "The Pilgrims".

He failed to make an impact at the Boston Community Stadium*, having dual registration spells with Grantham Town (tier 7) and Buxton (also tier 7). In March of this year he moved to Bradford Park Avenue, then - as now - bottom of tier 6 in the same league as Boston.

I can't find a record of his making an appearance for Park Avenue, as the season ended pretty much as soon as he joined due to the 'VID - although he did appear against them for Boston at one point. In any case, he seems to have disappeared from the Bradford squad and is now a free agent.

Bet we sign him and I bet he's crap.

*presumably

Boston, Lincolnshire, population 35,124.

To put it in perspective, that’s 11 times the population of Hemsby!

• Upvote 2

I know this is really a minor thing and I feel like a total dick for even bringing it up, but the logo on the training video says "TON TV" with a space, and in the tweet just there it's TonTV" without a space.

Is there a space or not?

• Upvote 2

Do you like Abba?