Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January)

2 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

When was the last time we scored a hatrick back to back?

I've a funny feeling Dave McCabe may have done it but I've no interest in checking.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Gorgeous running over to the bench and the whole bench reaction is absolutely glorious. As are the salty-teared Arab boos at the final whistle. Still absolutely buzzing from yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

1966 or 1963, depending on your POV.

Oct 1966 - Walter Borthwick scored 3 against Clydebank (in a 6-0 win) then Jack Bolton scored 4 against Stenhousemuir (9-1).

Just hat-tricks -

Nov 1963 - Morris Stevenson against Forfar (6-4) then Allan McGraw against Hamilton (8-0).

Class. Thanks for that 

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

1966 or 1963, depending on your POV.

Oct 1966 - Walter Borthwick scored 3 against Clydebank (in a 6-0 win) then Jack Bolton scored 4 against Stenhousemuir (9-1).

Just hat-tricks -

Nov 1963 - Morris Stevenson against Forfar (6-4) then Allan McGraw against Hamilton (8-0).

Great stats AT, just wondering though if this is the first two perfect consecutive hat-tricks by two different players at the same club?  Maybe not just in Scottish Football!

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Great stats AT, just wondering though if this is the first two perfect consecutive hat-tricks by two different players at the same club?  Maybe not just in Scottish Football!

Have you sent Dougie an apology yet for your foul-mouthed insult laden rant you posted on here a few weeks ago?

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Have you sent Dougie an apology yet for your foul-mouther insult laden rant you posted on here a few weeks ago?

If he has do you think Dougie will file it under 'No Fucks Given.'

• Like 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

34 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Have you sent Dougie an apology yet for your foul-mouthed insult laden rant you posted on here a few weeks ago?

Well if Dougie’s on this forum as has been suggested, then he’ll have seen I’ve apologised several times, and admitted I was completely out of order to make such a personal attack!

• Downvote 3

As much as I would have loved Grimshaw to have stayed with us this season, it was very enjoyable to see our first two goals passing him by.

Dougie would have bollocked him if he defended like that in Morton jersey 

• Upvote 2

pen.jpg

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

And yet Goodwin claimed George fouled Holt, haha, fud!

As I mentioned on P&B, Goodwin and many other managers who perpetuate the 'they're good at what they do' narrative are making the mistake of interpreting strength as 'aggression'. And while that's becoming lazy and tedious, it plays into our hands if they focus on that and overlook our undoubted quality. 

Goodwin said George “bullied” Holt, which is a compliment. Same with “Aggression” which is also a compliment. Klopp, Postecoglou and Rodger’s use that term regularly to state that their team are playing the way they want them to.
I personally prefer football where we mix it up rather than play tippy tippy sideways passes, that put me to sleep. Let’s stop taking those comments as a slight on our team and say, as I always do, “thank you very much for such complementary comments, as that’s exactly what we set out to do”!

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

And yet Goodwin claimed George fouled Holt, haha, fud!

As I mentioned on P&B, Goodwin and many other managers who perpetuate the 'they're good at what they do' narrative are making the mistake of interpreting strength as 'aggression'. And while that's becoming lazy and tedious, it plays into our hands if they focus on that and overlook our undoubted quality. 

It doesn't play into our hands whenever a clownshoes referee buys into their narrative and awards a straight red card to Oakley.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

does anyone have a link to where I could see a replay of their "stonewall penalty claim"?  Our highlights didn't show it, and while the Dundee utd highlights show it, the actual contact (if there was any) is out of shot.  I have seen a few folk on P&B and twitter mentioning seeing a replay of it but I am not sure where to find it