The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

3 minutes ago, standman said:

It’s hugely important we get the three points as we push for top four.

By that definition, every league game is 'huge' between now and the end of the season. Which makes the description completely meaningless then. 

Back in the real world, there's a clear difference between the level of focus, preparation and mental drain that taking down the current league leaders at home would demand, as opposed to a completely run of the mill league match where we have a chance to stick a fork in things in the second half - though only if we perform well of course.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

By that definition, every league game is 'huge' between now and the end of the season. Which makes the description completely meaningless then. 

Back in the real world, there's a clear difference between the level of focus, preparation and mental drain that taking down the current league leaders at home would demand, as opposed to a completely run of the mill league match where we have a chance to stick a fork in things in the second half - though only if we perform well of course.

The point though is that i’m sure you’d concede that it’s a benefit having extra recovery time by playing Saturday- Tuesday- Monday.

Let's rock !

41 minutes ago, standman said:

The point though is that i’m sure you’d concede that it’s a benefit having extra recovery time by playing Saturday- Tuesday- Monday.

Tuesday-Monday is the only relevant factor, we would be playing a league game on the Saturday before regardless.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Tuesday-Monday is the only relevant factor, we would be playing a league game on the Saturday before regardless.

An extra day or rest after two games in three days is the relevant factor

Let's rock !

5 hours ago, standman said:

An extra day or rest after two games in three days is the relevant factor

We're not playing two games in three days. 

Inverness at home is clearly not a 'huge' game unless every single one of our next 13 league games is also 'huge'. Which renders the term completely meaningless.

16 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

We're not playing two games in three days. 

Inverness at home is clearly not a 'huge' game unless every single one of our next 13 league games is also 'huge'. Which renders the term completely meaningless.

Do you think it could be a benefit to be playing on the Monday after matches on the Saturday and Tuesday?

Let's rock !

Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday is a staple of football calendars the world over. Maybe the extra day will help but they're full time athletes too, they can handle it. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, standman said:

Do you think it could be a benefit to be playing on the Monday after matches on the Saturday and Tuesday?

A benefit compared to what alternative schedule exactly?

All this seems to be you slithering further and further away from the description of Inverness being a 'huge' league game among all the other huge league games we'll have this season i.e. every, single one. 

God knows how you get to sleep at night with this non-stop excitement. 

Edited by vikingTON

10 hours ago, vikingTON said:

A benefit compared to what alternative schedule exactly?

All this seems to be you slithering further and further away from the description of Inverness being a 'huge' league game among all the other huge league games we'll have this season i.e. every, single one. 

God knows how you get to sleep at night with this non-stop excitement. 

A benefit compared with playing on the Saturday as playing on the Saturday means less recovery time.

Let's rock !

Capacity & Stadium Layout
We can confirm that the capacity inside Cappielow for this cup fixture will be over 8,500.

Home allocation has been set at over 5,000 (Main Stand, Cowshed, Sinclair Street)
Away allocation has been set at over 3,000 (Sections F&G of the Main Stand, Wee Dublin End)

For this match, we will be implementing segregation between Sinclair Street and the Cowshed to allow for a higher capacity, please note that migration between these sections will not be permitted on matchday.

• Upvote 2

Does Fanbase not allow for seat selection in the main stand for season ticket holders to have their seat reserved? At the Motherwell game there was a large number displaced and with the bigger crowd expected this will become more of an issue. Its a bit of a kick in the baws to sit in the same seat all season but some big game hunter steals your seat because he's in 5 minutes before you.

Cue Backlash!

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Capacity for hearts game 8.5k (5k home/3.5k away)

Cowshed and sinclair St will be segregated.

IMO we should only give hearts the WDE, leaving an extra 500 or so for home fans should they want them.

Surley the WDE holds close to 3600 and the main stand 600 would give them 4200 unless the WDE has been reduced. 

3 hours ago, Ton14 said:

Does Fanbase not allow for seat selection in the main stand for season ticket holders to have their seat reserved? At the Motherwell game there was a large number displaced and with the bigger crowd expected this will become more of an issue. Its a bit of a kick in the baws to sit in the same seat all season but some big game hunter steals your seat because he's in 5 minutes before you.

I didn’t get seat selection for my season ticket on Fanbase in the first place. Spoke to some others in the stand who said they had to call up and have their allocated seat added after the purchase. Was it the same deal for you?

Had chosen seats the season before last but only ever got to sit in them a couple of times. Most games there would be people sat in the seats and I wasn’t that arsed to be bothered explaining that some seats are allocated and others are a free for all.

Might be an idea to clear away some of the years old stickers from the seats and then clearly mark the reserved ones again.

For cup games I guess it would be nice to extend the option to allocated ST holders to reserve their usual seat.

The away ticket numbers were just over 3k, and announced home tickets are over 2k sold, that's 5k in a week!

Will sell out the 8.5k no problem, going to be some atmosphere.

Edited by GIBBYTON

Could it be an issue with Hearts supporters using Fanbase to buy tickets for the home end? Hearts has a waiting list for tickets and their fans are desperate to visit Cappielow (many have never had the pleasure). They also have a belief in their 150th year they are destined to win the cup. It would be such a pleasure to put this lot back in the box.

• Upvote 1