The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

What a fucking joke.   I suspect the REAL issue here is the club is afraid of being caught with its proverbial pants down in front of the BBC.  A massive queue still snaking up Sinclair Street at 8pm isn't a good look.  That statement doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Edited by LargsTON
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The cowshed is under cover.  Why then is the capacity reduced because of rain?  Is that stipulated in the safety certificate for the ground?  What happens if it's dry at kick off time and then the rain comes on?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

34 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The cowshed is under cover.  Why then is the capacity reduced because of rain?  Is that stipulated in the safety certificate for the ground?  What happens if it's dry at kick off time and then the rain comes on?

It's an absolute nonsense.   Folk will miss out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

My reading of that was they took whatever the sinclair street end holds off the cowshed capacity in case people want to move in. 

Don't really understand it since we've had them as separate sections before and the whole away end isn't covered so if people choose to buy tickets for there then it's their choice. That, the cordoned off area of the cowshed and TV gantry probably takes about 4000 off the capacity. 

12 minutes ago, irnbru said:

My reading of that was they took whatever the sinclair street end holds off the cowshed capacity in case people want to move in. 

Don't really understand it since we've had them as separate sections before and the whole away end isn't covered so if people choose to buy tickets for there then it's their choice. That, the cordoned off area of the cowshed and TV gantry probably takes about 4000 off the capacity. 

They could have separated sales for the Cowshed from Sinclair Street then cut each area off from each other. 

But considerations like toilets and carering were reasona given as to why they didnt

• Upvote 1

Our away game against Ayr will be rescheduled as we have a quarter final that weekend. Or if Ayr beat Therangers we might be playing them anyway but in a different competition.

Could this be our year?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Our away game against Ayr will be rescheduled as we have a quarter final that weekend. Or if Ayr beat Therangers we might be playing them anyway but in a different competition.

Could this be our year?

I’d be happy with anyone at home, just hope to fuck we don’t get either of the OF away again. 

Actually, regarding the limit on crowd controversy, one of the points raised was that folk in the Sinclair St end might want to move into the Cowshed if it rained. Surely that would mean that at all games our capacity would need to be limited with the Cowshed capacity reduced so that everyone in the home end could fit in under cover? In effect that would mean the capacity of the uncovered areas would be zero and the ground capacity would have to be limited to whatever the covered areas could hold. Not a problem for most games, but since when did being able to be under cover become an essential factor in calculating permitted capacity? Never been done up until yesterday. And fairly sure the safety certificate won’t even mention it.

15 minutes ago, SassenachTon said:

I'd take Livingston or Killie at Cappielow in the quarters .......

Would have Hibs before Kilmarnock but ideally anyone at home outside of the OF. 

Livingston at home is clearly the best tie available. Would much rather have Hibs or Aberdeen than Kilmarnock.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake