The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

IMG_5315.png

Progression to Round 5 would mean just under an extra £30k in the bank, plus the outside chance of that game being on the TV. There’ll be a good few teams in the next round at our level or below, so a great chance to really progress this year. 

10 hours ago, HamCam said:

Nonsense. We should be expecting to win this tie with something to spare. At home against a team from the lower league. 

I'm still expecting us to get through the tie, but the idea that we will be cantering past a solid mid-table League One side in our current predicament is fanciful. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, BishopBrennan said:

I'm still expecting us to get through the tie, but the idea that we will be cantering past a solid mid-table League One side in our current predicament is fanciful. 

Aye, I hate it when clubs slightly higher up the food chain expect to roll us over. We’ll rightly be going in as favourites, but a team at the arse end of the Championship has no right to expect to bludgeon their way past one of League One’s better teams.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Surprised by that.

Bit scunnered by this.  I've got 2 Motherwell supporting mates and a long overdue Saturday session at the football was getting planned for this.

BBC clearly think with our current good form and Motherwell's dodgy form, a potential upset is on the cards.

here today, gone to hell

You would expect the home crowd to be larger than normal with a winnable cup game against an inconsistent premiership opposition, but it feels like groundhog day the camera's in the cowshed are a real impact with the larger crowds.

When you add in the current issues with turnstiles, these are the areas we need to start to show we are being run like a professional football club.  

Both of these issues have been around for a number of years, I also appreciate the club do not have the funds to resolve these issues fully without a significant impact on playing budgets.  I just wish they would make steps to alleviate the issues, even work out a number of small changes and approach MCT / get a local company to sponsor  

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Sigh. Hate tv games at Cappielow, watching through scaffolding. A Saturday game would have been jumping, this probably knocks at least 1,000 off the attendance.

1000?? Seriously?? 

Aye it's a pain having the gantry in the cowshed, but every one of the 2k-2.5k who have showed up for our big games in the last couple of years will hopefully show up again for a potentia shock and into a quarter final.

Stand either side of the gantry, behind the goal or in the main stand, loads of space.

You might actually get a few local neutrals( bigot brothers)show up on the Friday night too.

Nothing better than a game under the lights at Cappielow, I'm buzzing for it.

Edited by Madton

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Surely the turnstiles can be put into some sort of 'free-flow' state and the scanning can be done by a hand scanner?

You would hope, these are the types of things the club should be looking at, spend a few hundred quid to buy some additional hand scanners, even if it gets 25% more through its a small investment and show the clubs willingness to not just blame people showing up 15min before a match starts.

21 minutes ago, Madton said:

1000?? Seriously?? 

Aye it's a pain having the gantry in the cowshed, but every one of the 2k-2.5k who have showed up for our big games in the last couple of years will hopefully show up again for a potentia shock and into a quarter final.

Stand either side of the gantry, behind the goal or in the main stand, loads of space.

You might actually get a few local neutrals( bigot brothers)show up on the Friday night too.

Nothing better than a game under the lights at Cappielow, I'm buzzing for it.

The gantry doesn't help, but plenty of people can't make night time games for a load of reasons, and the away support will be significantly lower now due to being on the telly and being Friday night. The crowd will be a good bit lower than had it been a 3pm Saturday game, of that I have no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

The gantry doesn't help, but plenty of people can't make night time games for a load of reasons, and the away support will be significantly lower now due to being on the telly and being Friday night. The crowd will be a good bit lower than had it been a 3pm Saturday game, of that I have no doubt.

No doubt it will have an impact but I'm thinking a 1000 is way off. Its hardly far for Motherwell fans, I live in Bellshill so next door and it's 35 mins down the road.

If you average a ticket at £15 quid, ( no idea what the ticket pricing will be obv) 24k TV money amounts to 1600 extra fans so we are well covered anyway if the crowd is significantly reduced.

1 hour ago, Cat10 said:

Could they not bulid a gantry that goes up and over the cowshed roof?

That sort of thing can't just be done at the drop of a hat. It'd require quite some planning and would Involved structural engineering checks etc, which all costs money and likely we'd be on the hook for those costs.

TIME FOR CHANGE!