Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (16th September) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (16th September)

Admin

Our match thread is sponsored by Tail o' the Bank Credit Union.

Don’t get hooked in by loan sharks! Avoid the pitfalls of "debt solutions". STOP, take a breath and consider your options.  Contact us to see how Inverclyde's Credit Union can help you Save, Borrow and Plan for Tomorrow.

Call the Credit Union on 01475 734655, email office@totbcu.co.uk or pop into the Credit Union at 24 Kilblain Street, Greenock, PA15 1SR. 

Like TOTB on Facebook

Follow TOTB on Twitter

Follow TOTB on Instagram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacDonald 

French Baird O'connor waters

Power     Wilson 

Blues

Quitongo Muirhead mcgrattan

Subs- Mullen, Broadfoot, Bearne, Boyd

Wouldn't be surprised to see Boyd starting. 

We really need Oakley, Gillespie and Crawford back in that starting 11 asap.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Will be interesting to see how French gets on and it means Broadfoot can finally be benched and the natural 2 of Baird and O'Connor can start, not that either of them have been great but they had a great partnership last season and they need to get back to that ASAP. 

Was listening to Dougie's pre match interview and it sounds encouraging that hopefully the likes of Oakley, Gillespie and Crawford will be back sooner rather than later. 

I don't have any real confidence going into this considering how rank we have been and how on form Dundee Utd are, would bite your hand off for a point now, but as they say its the championship anything can happen. 

If O'connor isn't carrying a knock that's some proper shithousery from Dougie.

Good to see Crawford and Gillespie back in the squad and McGrattan getting a start. Hopefully that's the injuries beginning to clear up.

Looking like

MacDonald 

French broadfoot baird water

Power     blues

Boyd      Crawford    mcgrattan

Muirhead

Jai and Oakley missing leaves us looking really thin up top.

Willing to wait until after the game to see how Broadfoot performs before commenting as Dougie has usually had us set up well against the best teams in the league.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

17 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Btw the pop up ads on this site are frustrating the life out me.  Hard to read on my mobile.

I don't get any ads, after doing this a few months ago.

"To block ads on your phone, navigate to the Settings app on the device. Enter the Network and Internet section and scroll all the way down to find a Private DNS option.

Tap on the option, and you will be prompted to enter a private DNS address. Here, add ‘dns.adguard.com’ without the inverted commas in the private DNS provider hostname field (the last option) and tap on ‘Save’.

That’s it! Give your phone a restart and you should no longer see ads in apps and in browsers."

That didn't take long...

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Too easy to get the ball into the box on our left hand side.

Baird has to react quicker and be closer to moult in the box too.

31 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

I don't get any ads, after doing this a few months ago.

"To block ads on your phone, navigate to the Settings app on the device. Enter the Network and Internet section and scroll all the way down to find a Private DNS option.

Tap on the option, and you will be prompted to enter a private DNS address. Here, add ‘dns.adguard.com’ without the inverted commas in the private DNS provider hostname field (the last option) and tap on ‘Save’.

That’s it! Give your phone a restart and you should no longer see ads in apps and in browsers."

Thanks, makes all the difference 

Watching the stream. We haven't been awful, Boyd hitting the post before they scored, probably should've equalized with a good cut back from Power? 

Broadfoot caught tangled up with Moult in the box, commentary think he was lucky to be on the pitch. My mate spotted him headbutting Brian Graham the other week and no one else noticed it. Get O'Connor on.

Four bookings in five league games (7 in 11 in all competitions) from your experienced centre back who's supposed to be guiding the rest of the defence and setting an example really isn't good enough, before taking into account getting away with a clear red in one of those league games as well. For the love of Wake, get him dropped.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived