Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (8th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (8th April)

Admin

ezgif-1-ef45de76c3.gif

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spiced Rum. The Morton Club Edition is almost sold out, so make sure you act quickly and secure your bottle now! Make sure you check out the new Titan Orange Rum for a brand new twist on a classic spirit! 

Visit TitanSpiritsLTD.com and secure your bottle today! 

Titan Spiced - Rum, Reggae, Retro.

Tail O’ The Bank Credit Union invites you to the new Warm Hands of Friendship Initiative. Join the team in their Kilblain Street office every Wednesday between 10am-12pm. This new scheme offers a safe environment, resources, advice, support, a warm cuppa and a friendly face.  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've likely left ourselves too much to do regardless, but it's the definition of a must win game if we're going to keep the season alive. With Imrie talking about workrate being insufficient post-match last week you'd hope that means no Ali Crawford or Miller and we get back to the midfield and wingers that worked for us earlier in the season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Quite remarkable that the only change to a team that’s form is the worst in the league apart from Cove is a medically enforced one tbh.

It really shouldn’t be taking that to get Liam Grimshaw into the midfield, and the continued presence of Ali Crawford is just nonsense especially after all Dougie’s complaining about effort and missed chances.

On the plus side, at least it is Grimshaw into the middle  and not Calvin Miller followed by bemoaning the lack of a central midfield.

AWMSC

This has been turgid so far.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Hot shot, English pub leagues 'talent scout' Dave Timmins now finding his true calling in Scottish football: pulling out the number for the half-time draw at this gang of an outfit. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Need to weather this storm after they've scored as we're looking really unsettled. Game isn't over by a long shot but we can't concede again.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 yellows I'm sure.

In isolation that's a good point but doesn't do much for us in the race for the playoffs. Could have went either way as we had chances and so did they. Every game a cup final now if we want to get into the top 4.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived