Squad for next Season - Page 135 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Excellent news that oboy and Shug have extended their deals. Hopefully a few more to come. I'd love to see us strengthen the squad. Being really harsh and thinking about Saturdays team I  think we need  a replacement for french, power, blues a day an alternative for big Oakley. Can't see these all coming in as we dont have the finances or space. However if we move a few out on loan you never know.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 1/15/2024 at 1:33 PM, Scott said:

Someone on P&B suggesting we're about to announce the signing of a striker from an unnamed English club who has 21 goals in 26 appearances this season. Could be true/complete nonsense! 

With this being said, I see some suggestions that Muirhead could be of interest to Killie. When you think about it, it would be a potential now or never for him to make the step up and having probably 2 of the best seasons in his career. I wonder how much of a fee we could command if they came sniffing this month.

24 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

With this being said, I see some suggestions that Muirhead could be of interest to Killie. When you think about it, it would be a potential now or never for him to make the step up and having probably 2 of the best seasons in his career. I wonder how much of a fee we could command if they came sniffing this month.

As much as I like Robbie I would think Killie would be trying to get better.

Big B

14 minutes ago, Brian Skelton said:

As much as I like Robbie I would think Killie would be trying to get better.

Same here, good player for us at this level, but I’m not convinced he’d have what it takes to perform for a team looking to finish in the top 6 of SPFL. 

24 minutes ago, Scott said:

Same here, good player for us at this level, but I’m not convinced he’d have what it takes to perform for a team looking to finish in the top 6 of SPFL. 

I agree. I also don't think he is irreplaceable for us either if he was to go. I view him as a luxury player who's done well under Imrie and added to his game (set pieces) and would wish him all the best if a club was to come in for him. Unlike Crawford who attracted interest at the start of the season - he would me much more difficult to replace.

Just when you look at the top scorers in the league, the only other players that seem to look like they could attract interest are Paton and Fitzpatrick. No one is touching a Dundee United player and neither is anyone going to sign Brian Graham. I just think with his contract running out Muirhead could be a cheaper option to be added to a team in the top flight.

To think just a few seasons ago I never wanted him to pull the jersey on for us again. It does go to show how important having the backing and confidence of his own manager (and not starting him at LB) can do wonders for a player. Dougie has shown this time and time again. 

• Upvote 1

Muirhead's all-round approach to the game has improved massively under Imrie. While his contribution from set pieces etc. has been great recently, he always had the raw ability to make that happen.

It's his attitude to the donkey work and getting stuck into a physical battle that both Muirhead and Imrie deserve the most credit for sorting out.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, TopCat said:

Muirhead's all-round approach to the game has improved massively under Imrie. While his contribution from set pieces etc. has been great recently, he always had the raw ability to make that happen.

It's his attitude to the donkey work and getting stuck into a physical battle that both Muirhead and Imrie deserve the most credit for sorting out.

Your appraisal there looks the type of attributes the McInnes would go for: physical battles, set pieces and link-up play are mainstays of Killie's game plans under him.

Tele saying strapp might stay and that we are looking down south for signings if we can get some fringe players out the door. 

You'd imagine we'd be trying to get at least one of the wind players out on loan. Boyd and Bearne the likely candidates but if it's mcgrattan then I riot. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

58 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Tele saying strapp might stay and that we are looking down south for signings if we can get some fringe players out the door. 

You'd imagine we'd be trying to get at least one of the wind players out on loan. Boyd and Bearne the likely candidates but if it's mcgrattan then I riot. 

Imagine DOT if that happens!

On 1/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, ChampTon said:

Was going to edit this but as I have nothing better to do on a Monday evening, had a quick look at players we follow on Twitter and two that stood out were:

Jordan Davies of Connah's Quay in Wales, a striker who does have around 20-odd goals this season.

Daniel Martins, appears to be a centre back at Caley Braves (maybe for next season?)

Davies has signed a pre contract deal starting in June! 

Interesting one. The top clubs in the Welsh league are probably mid-table League One. If there was a guy in the diddy Falkirk league with those kind of numbers, Championship clubs would be sniffing around. It's a risk, of course, but if the club's done their homework then hopefully it'll work out.

EOho8Pw.png

Dougie labelling it a coup in the quote on the official site so we also get to look forward to him pronouncing that as cowp on his next interview. 

Doesn't sound like any chance of getting him up the road early so we will be looking on with interest for the rest of the season. 

Random plucking a nomadic 28 year old rather than someone younger. Stats looking intriguing certainly.

Edited by Jamie_M

40 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Desperate little Wales 😂😂

Aside, is he in the same league as Declan McManus? I see up until his injury he was ripping the Welsh league up 

Yes, the Welsh Premier is where Declan plays for TNS.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Desperate little Wales 😂😂

Aside, is he in the same league as Declan McManus? I see up until his injury he was ripping the Welsh league up 

McManus was top scorer in the Welsh Premier the past 2 seasons.

Screenshot_20240118_200110_Chrome.jpg

Davies is joint 2nd top so far this season.

Screenshot_20240118_200502_Chrome.jpg