Squad for next Season - Page 117 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Folk pissing the bed over a lack of signings.  Take a look at the likes of Ayr and ICT who have signed absolute no marks to fill positions in their squad. The 2 boys Ayr had at right back against us is a prime example.  I'd rather work with what we have and focus on an above average loan or free agent than sign shite like they have or rush a signing in because the window has a few hours left open.

Edited by Mr.Blue
  • Upvote 2

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Folk passing the bed over a lack of signings.  Take a look at the likes of Ayr and ICT who have signed absolute no marks to fill positions in their squad. The 2 boys Ayr had at right back against us is a prime example.  I'd rather work with what we have and focus on an above average loan or free agent than sign shite like they have or rush a signing in because the window has a few hours left open.

Yep. Buy cheap, buy twice.

I'm not saying the current situation is ideal but I'd much rather have a space left in the squad than be lumbered with a regen for the next nine months.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'm not saying the current situation is ideal but I'd much rather have a space left in the squad than be lumbered with a regen for the next nine months.

This^^^.

8 hours ago, montheton said:

I think he`s being quite reserved in his comments, undoubtingly has an eye on 1 or 2 loan deals come the end of the month(hopefully).

I don't think he was reserved at all. Was pretty explicit with the comments.

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Agree with this too though. 

There are reasons to be concerned. 7 goals against in the first 3 league games isn't good, and is not what we're used to seeing from Imrie's teams. And this does align with the concern that we are light at the back. Broadfoot has conceded 3 penalties in as many matches, and things like losing routine headers at corners and getting turned too easily in the box last week were a concern. We don't really have a solution at right back, neither Blues or O'Connor clicked there last week. Wilson came on and sold two goals, so I'm not sure about how quickly he's going to come up to speed to be a solution anywhere. Bearne looks a way off being ready as well, so we could do with Quitongo staying fit, especially with Oakley out.

There's certainly no reason to panic. We have many good players in the squad, plenty of reasons to trust Imrie, and I'm still relatively confident about the season ahead. I can't say I'm without concerns about the defence though. 

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

Is there any deadline for loans? I know we can still sign loans as long as they come from a higher division but it there a cut off?
So who in the Premiership has an up and coming right back or one surplus?

End of September for loans.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Another point about the lack of depth at the back- whilst the amount of penalties he’s conceded is getting the attention, Broadfoot’s picked up bookings in all three league games (and two of the Viaplay Cup matches) and is a suspension waiting to happen.

I’ll be interested to see how he handles a notoriously bad-tempered fixture when matched up against that thug Graham, who’s not unknown for intimidating and bullying referees to get things his way.

• Upvote 2

Ryan McGowan is available on a free after being released from St Johnstone get him signed up he would easily improve the defence and can play RB or CB, also saw McPake is available after released by Rangers I wouldn't be opposed to signing him but I don't know if we need another winger but IMO he is better than what we have. 

1 hour ago, thehustler said:

Hey Bluesy....

Yes you insufferable cunt?

Did Dougie shag your maw and wipe his cock on her good drapes? 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Yes you insufferable cunt?

Did Dougie shag your maw and wipe his cock on her good drapes? 

I think your carer should be with you 24/7. And denied access to the Internet. That said I wonder if you're still happy with the back four?

• Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, thehustler said:

I think your carer should be with you 24/7. And denied access to the Internet. That said I wonder if you're still happy with the back four?

Who should be denied access to the Internet? The carer or the client?

2 hours ago, thehustler said:

Another member of the forum intelligencia. What a sad little bunch you are. Back to school tomorrow presumably. 

Primary School in your case, presumably.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."