Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (12th February)

Admin

44 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Don't be cryptic. Spit it out.

I'll take this one: Gus was the problem. He was a terrible manager and Sir Douglas has won more games in his 6 (six) league games than the bald fraud did in his 24 (twenty four) league games. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

We're still too open in the middle of the park when we lose the ball: we were punished before half time for it against Raith and nearly were again there. From next week, I'd replace Oliver with Wilson as I don't think we'd be losing much going forward anyway. 

I thought Oliver was our best player by a distance  and I am not the biggest Oliver fan

forever optimistic

What an absolute joy it is to be a Morton fan at the moment, cause to feel optimistic again. Genuinely couldn't see light at end of the tunnel after that kicking from Inverness in December and all the negative garbage under Gus.

That was crackin. Absolutely loved the way we turned that around, in spite of that piss poor referee. Fans and players feel united since Sir Dougie came in.

Atmosphere was absolutely crackling at the final whistle. Bring on the Accies at the FOY next week. Yasss!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

17 minutes ago, Scapaflow said:

I thought Oliver was our best player by a distance  and I am not the biggest Oliver fan

Oliver has been consistently good for the last couple of months but I thought he was pretty ineffective today. Brandon and Strapp for me.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, Scapaflow said:

Well he was punted early doors which suggests Sir Douglas disagrees.

I can see the thinking to have Oliver against that muck, but we need someone to drop back and screen the defence when we lose the ball instead. It made that game far more difficult that it should have been. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I thought Wilson was good when he came on but we did lose our shape a wee bit when Lyon went off. Sir Dougie fixed it by moving Brandon into midfield and thought he was class in there too. Thought Oliver had a poor game in comparison to his recent performances. At least we have options now on the bench 

1 hour ago, Scapaflow said:

Oliver did ok today but he's not an out and out midfielder.

Id like to see a midfield three of Lyon, Wilson and blues. I thought Wilson did well after a slow start today. 

6 minutes ago, Doddie said:

I thought Wilson was good when he came on but we did list our shape a wee bit when Lyon went off. Sir Dougie fixed it by moving Brandon into midfield and thought he was class in there too. Thought Oliver had a poor game in comparison to his recent performances. At least we have options now on the bench 

This. 

Brandon didn't look out of place on the middle of the park. Another good idea from the manager.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

36 minutes ago, Scott said:

Brandon has been a decent signing. Impressed Imrie noticed RB was an issue the minute he was in the door and signed a good quality RB for this level so quickly. 

Was interesting to see him not only move up but shift to the left late in the second half. 

EOho8Pw.png

Really starting to wonder where we would be had Gus gone a month or two earlier, especially with Raith and Inverness falling off a cliff.

The most impressive thing for me is we are really controlling games, taking the game to our opponents, creating loads of chances and not giving much away at the back.

It's not like we have been lucky in any of Dougie's games. If anything I'm a bit gutted it's not 5 straight wins as we battered Raith. With Gus, we were lucky to be in games, Hamilton was keeping us in games and we were scraping the odd draw or rare win. 

Was a bit disappointed with the crowd today, expected more but it was a miserable day this morning so perhaps some decided to stay at home. Surely we can get back up to 1700-1800 soon if we continue this form. Wonder how many watch the stream?

Great to see manager players and fans celebrating together at the end, can't remember the last time a manager was over at the cowshed applauding us( I remember Davie Irons doing it after getting a first win in 9 attempts)

No reason why we can't go to Hamilton and win next week either.

9 minutes ago, Hej said:

Time to put the "mIbBe iT wIsNiE GuS EHHH?!"!! patter to bed.

Boring, pointscoring shite

That's plenty.

The big, bad, boo boys have taken the utter nonsense argument that Morton couldn't possibly do better than *insert Scottish football dinosaur manager here*, since 2007 at the latest. Which was being dredged up after we got rid of that gormless tit McPherson. 

Sir Douglas Imrie's appointment has obliterated that argument for all time. The happy-clapper brigade need to suck up the fact that we can in fact expect better as a proud football club - which means abandoning their bizarre wagon-circling mentality around whatever gormless tit is in charge.

They have been proven categorically wrong. That is a learning experience. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Reality check: If we had (continued) to follow the very convenient 'give Gus more time/it's not the manager's fault' narrative while just outside the relegation spots in early December, then we'd be bottom of the league by a comfortable margin by now. 

Only the greater standards of the Morton fanbase has stopped this proud football club following the same tracks as Queen of the South and their gubbins manager today.

You're welcome. 

IMG-20151226-WA0001.jpg

I don't think we played as well as we could yesterday but at no point did the players stop believing. While we dominated the first-half the midfield never really got going. Despite a poor start to the second-half it was still a surprise when QoS went up and scored. We responded but still struggled to create too many clear-cut chances - good to see though the team and the fans never panicked. Eventually QoS's luck ran out and the eruption of joy at the second goal was everything about what makes watching Morton and football, in general, worthwhile. The  positive change in the squad and fan dynamic was also evident at full-time all led by the manager Dougie Imrie. After the doom and gloom under McPherson, what a pleasure it is looking forward to watching Morton again. We may not win every game but at least we now believe the team are taking to the park looking to win every game.

Archived