Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December)

Admin

I was about to say that I feel for the club here as it's a catch 22 and they don't want bad publicity but as others have said they are now inconveniencing their own fans to accommodate wee Billeh and his team. Fuck the supporters eh? Also with covid and thus new variant is it a good idea to ask all fans to congregate at the same area which if memory serves me correct could be tight in terms of space?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it is feasible just to have a “cordon sanitaire” from the gym to the pitch so that the players don’t have to be near any fans when entering or leaving the changing area? Have some temporary barriers manned by a couple of stewards.  Closing the turnstiles is ridiculous.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

In the grand scheme of things, really not a big issue if we have to enter through the WDE. I assume the Sinclair Street end will be closed though, which will probably p!ss off the 30 or so die hards who stand there in all weather conditions. 

As fun as it was to think of Inverness dreading coming to Morton and being in rubbish conditions, it is the right thing that the club give them decent facilities. 

9 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

If other teams don’t like it they should complain to the authorities that are inexplicably refusing to allow changing rooms to be used. The only real option in Cappielow is the hospitality lounges and there’s no way that should be given up, so if it has to be portakabins then tough shite. It’s not ideal but it’s not Morton’s fault there’s stupid rules in place about not using dressing rooms. 

The club should under no circumstances be closing a section of the ground or the main entry point because some fuckin idiot throws a tantrum after his team got beat. Morton’s fans are their only priority, not other team’s comfort for half an hour or so. Rolling over like this is just the latest in a constant stream of embarrassment: stand your ground and simply state that the situation is what it is and sorry, but that’s how it has to be. 

How do you know they haven't been asked by the league? 

13 minutes ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Fuck me fans love a fucking whinge man 

I’m more concerned we are going into another vital game without a manager. 

Which is a far better scenario than going in to another game with the previous manager.

Applications close on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

How do you know they haven't been asked by the league? 

Well they didn’t say so, and if they were the same answer would apply: “we don’t have the spare facilities, you’ll need to let us use the changing rooms”. There’s nothing anyone can actually do about it, as far as I’m aware there’s no rules that require teams to have spare 5* changing facilities in case somebody wants to introduce stupid rules that deprive them of the normal ones.

I’d guess that there are plenty of clubs in Scotland using a very similar set-up at the moment anyway. Also, I think it would be far better if other teams thought Morton were inconvenient, amateurish arseholes than having the people who own the club thinking that.

AWMSC

Have to say when I first read about Inverness' complaint I thought "sour grapes". However, it has come to light that at least another three clubs have made similar complaints, there may be more who haven't gone public about it. So that's 4 from 9 clubs not happy.

Its only right for visiting teams to expect at least heating and lighting as an absolute minimum in a dressing room.

14 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Have to say when I first read about Inverness' complaint I thought "sour grapes". However, it has come to light that at least another three clubs have made similar complaints, there may be more who haven't gone public about it. So that's 4 from 9 clubs not happy.

Its only right for visiting teams to expect at least heating and lighting as an absolute minimum in a dressing room.

Which they have all had except ICT because it failed on the night.

Should we have abandoned the game?

2 hours ago, HeidTheBaw said:

Fuck me fans love a fucking whinge man 

I’m more concerned we are going into another vital game without a manager. 

Why are other fans not whinging about the thing I want to whinge about = a solid, 0/10 contribution. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The fact that big eared bunnet went to the national press to dob us in should have made the club's mind up about doing him any favours at the expense of our own fans. If he wants to paint Morton in a bad light that's fine but he can fucking well deal with what he gets. Wee fanny.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 hours ago, piehutt said:

In the grand scheme of things, really not a big issue if we have to enter through the WDE. I assume the Sinclair Street end will be closed though, which will probably p!ss off the 30 or so die hards who stand there in all weather conditions. 

As fun as it was to think of Inverness dreading coming to Morton and being in rubbish conditions, it is the right thing that the club give them decent facilities. 

No its not, get them in the fucking portacabins.

If we can find some big fucking scary rats to put in there alongside them, then even better.

*insert signature here*

1 minute ago, capitanus said:

No its not, get them in the fucking portacabins.

If we can find some big fucking scary rats to put in there alongside them, then even better.

Invite Catman to the game as a hospitality guest and chuck him in there as well. 

10 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

No. Same turnstiles that feed Sinclair St and Cowshed as always. The gym is to the right just as you go through the turnstiles, just before the steps up to the cowshed.

FB_IMG_1639189732336.jpg

Ah, so the wee shed thingy at the side which used to keep the groundsman's gear is now considered 'a gym'.  Good to see they've found someone to sponsor it.

I hope they've left that wee tractor thing in there alongside them, just to piss them off.

*insert signature here*

Archived