Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (11th December)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. The Clyde Eats app is available to download from Google Play and the App Store now! 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans to enter cowshed through wee Dublin end due to caley changing area. I was critical of the club for midweek but didn't think they'd inconvenience fans to remedy it. Are they going to continue with this for other teams? 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Fans to enter cowshed through wee Dublin end due to caley changing area. I was critical of the club for midweek but didn't think they'd inconvenience fans to remedy it. Are they going to continue with this for other teams? 

Don't see there's much else they could do (until the portacabins etc are brought up to standard) other than cancel hospitality and chuck away much needed revenue.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Don't see there's much else they could do (until the portacabins etc are brought up to standard) other than cancel hospitality and chuck away much needed revenue.

They could tell Inverness and their torn-faced 'Rain-jurs ledge-und' manager to either 1) lump it, 2) run themselves up to Lady Octavia, or 3) carryout their boycott and see what happens to them.

And if they're not going to do any of the above, then 4) inconveniencing 40 folk in hospitality is a less bad option than 5) inconveniencing 85% of your customer base. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Don't think it's a huge inconvenience tbh. 

Apparently it was a problem with a generator so it's likely to be a temporary solution with the other option cancelling hospitality and using that for changing rooms like they did before. I'm guessing they've got to provide a certain amount of space, etc with all the guidelines too. 

Apart from about 10 fans who stand there in all weathers, it's not going to make much difference. 

4 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Don't think it's a huge inconvenience tbh. 

Apparently it was a problem with a generator so it's likely to be a temporary solution with the other option cancelling hospitality and using that for changing rooms like they did before. I'm guessing they've got to provide a certain amount of space, etc with all the guidelines too. 

Apart from about 10 fans who stand there in all weathers, it's not going to make much difference. 

Yeah, but how is it going to work?

1 minute ago, SpoonTon said:

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but I thought it was still just the old style turnstiles at the WDE. 

They've had hand held scanners before so must be them. 

Know Morton, there's chance something will go wrong but right now it seems like a bit of a daft thing for people to get angry about. 

5 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Yeah, but how is it going to work?

Since nobody’s paying attention to this point- it isn’t going to work, unless they have hand held scanners, which would need programmed and they’ll probably make a rip roaring cunt of that.

I hope the club take as seriously the complaints on here about how dismally the kids in the Cowshed are being treated by the stewards as they are taking the bleating of that wee bellend, Dodds. Somehow I suspect not, though.

Will they be sticking portaloos in the gym? Are players allowed to shower yet? Obviously that won’t be happening. The club are really as well just upsetting Inverness again, rather than mess about with their current procedures.

I’d much rather see the whole away party upset tomorrow than the 10 or so old blokes that like their spot on Sinclair Street. Maybe one day the board will read the room.

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

They've had hand held scanners before so must be them. 

Know Morton, there's chance something will go wrong but right now it seems like a bit of a daft thing for people to get angry about. 

I'm not angry (I mean, I'm mildly annoyed because it really is annoyingly inconvenient). I genuinely didn't have a clue how it would work. I didn't know they had hand held scanners. 

I also don't think it's daft if people are feeling put out by it. I don't think you should dismiss fans habits in terms of their experience on a matchday - it's a bit belittling to dismiss their preference to stand in the Sinclair Street end just because they are in the minority. 

18 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I'm not angry (I mean, I'm mildly annoyed because it really is annoyingly inconvenient). I genuinely didn't have a clue how it would work. I didn't know they had hand held scanners. 

I also don't think it's daft if people are feeling put out by it. I don't think you should dismiss fans habits in terms of their experience on a matchday - it's a bit belittling to dismiss their preference to stand in the Sinclair Street end just because they are in the minority. 

In the grand scheme of things it's not worth worrying about. People have to go in different doors of shops, wear masks, do track and trace, book tables in pubs, etc. 

All we're being asked to do is go in different turnstiles. 

There's much bigger problems at the club and I'd be far more concerned if they couldn't get a solution and we're forced to lose out on hospitality money. Instead there's a solution that's a minor inconvenience and there's tweets saying a 'new low'. 

It's more than likely that the club don't have much choice to find an alternative anyway and aren't just doing it because Billy Dodds moaned in the papers. 

Probably worth adding that I think the club have brought a lot of this criticism on themselves. If other things were dealt with better wee things like this wouldn't be magnified. 

If other teams don’t like it they should complain to the authorities that are inexplicably refusing to allow changing rooms to be used. The only real option in Cappielow is the hospitality lounges and there’s no way that should be given up, so if it has to be portakabins then tough shite. It’s not ideal but it’s not Morton’s fault there’s stupid rules in place about not using dressing rooms. 

The club should under no circumstances be closing a section of the ground or the main entry point because some fuckin idiot throws a tantrum after his team got beat. Morton’s fans are their only priority, not other team’s comfort for half an hour or so. Rolling over like this is just the latest in a constant stream of embarrassment: stand your ground and simply state that the situation is what it is and sorry, but that’s how it has to be. 

AWMSC

Am i missing something here? Why are people being asked to enter via different turnstiles? why are Morton supporters being moved out the Sinclair Street End?  How is Billy Dodds moans about our grim facilities for away teams affecting the former?

*insert signature here*

56 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Am i missing something here? Why are people being asked to enter via different turnstiles? why are Morton supporters being moved out the Sinclair Street End?  How is Billy Dodds moans about our grim facilities for away teams affecting the former?

Because the gym, which has now been allocated as the ICT dressing room, is situated beside the Sinclair St turnstiles.

33 minutes ago, capitanus said:

The Gym?  Whereabout is the gym?  

Is there seperate turnstiles nowadays for the Sinclair Street nowadays?

No. Same turnstiles that feed Sinclair St and Cowshed as always. The gym is to the right just as you go through the turnstiles, just before the steps up to the cowshed.

FB_IMG_1639189732336.jpg

Archived