Commercial Activity - Page 89 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

39 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

I don't want to detract from the positivity after a cracking result on Saturday - but my moan about the inconsistent presentation of the badge last week got me thinking. I was in hospitality on Saturday, and being in the main stand gives you a real eyeopener as to how many different versions of the badge we currently use. As the photo shows, there were three different club badges on my table alone. 

We've been fan-owned for near enough two years now, with comms assistance being given to the club under the Raes by MCT for near enough the same amount of time. For us to have such a haphazard and careless approach to our branding inside our own stadium this far down the line is completely unacceptable. We have a staff member and a club director who appear to be in charge of our marketing, comms and branding - why is this being allowed to happen? We have the nicest badge in Scottish football, why are we taking such a feckless approach to displaying it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our week-to-week comms have been excellent in the last couple of years and Gareth deserves a lot of credit for that. Social media output is consistently high quality, and I love the way that we've started using the Titan Crane as a mainstay in our branding. I'm hoping whoever is directly responsible for our branding has a plan to get this sorted, and quickly. 

IMG20230805141359.jpg

@Deegowill be loving this.

We've have a full time marketing guy from around February. I'd be hoping his job is looking at branding, target markets, etc rather than the day to day which seems to have been in hand for the last year or so. Not too sure if he's done much so far but would like to think so. 

Was also quite disappointing to see hospitality was only half full for the first game of the season. 

I know some folk have now got their tartan shirts, and assume that as I ordered both for delivery, mine have been held back so they can arrive together.

But that’s now 14 weeks ago today I ordered those shirts, and I’ve still got nothing. Nearly two weeks since the last update and no confirmation that sending them together is the policy. An indication that the tartan tops can be collected from Cappielow, but not if that applies to shirts ordered for delivery, and no sign of the chevron shirts when the initial indication was that the complicated design of the tartan ones were the reason for the initial hold up.

If this was anyone else, I’d be going off my tits by now. I suspect we’ll get another update email from your man Ross Dunbar when he sees some grumbles on here, but to be honest, I’m getting a bit sick of being thanked for my patience.

For all the positive steps the club have made and are making, this fiasco has been terribly disappointing.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I know some folk have now got their tartan shirts, and assume that as I ordered both for delivery, mine have been held back so they can arrive together.

But that’s now 14 weeks ago today I ordered those shirts, and I’ve still got nothing. Nearly two weeks since the last update and no confirmation that sending them together is the policy. An indication that the tartan tops can be collected from Cappielow, but not if that applies to shirts ordered for delivery, and no sign of the chevron shirts when the initial indication was that the complicated design of the tartan ones were the reason for the initial hold up.

If this was anyone else, I’d be going off my tits by now. I suspect we’ll get another update email from your man Ross Dunbar when he sees some grumbles on here, but to be honest, I’m getting a bit sick of being thanked for my patience.

For all the positive steps the club have made and are making, this fiasco has been terribly disappointing.

I emailed Ross last week and he had an automatic out of office until 15th August. There's obviously other people at the club who could be dealing with it, but if he's the one personally involved with the shirts then that may be the reason why you've not heard anything. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

14 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I emailed Ross last week and he had an automatic out of office until 15th August. There's obviously other people at the club who could be dealing with it, but if he's the one personally involved with the shirts then that may be the reason why you've not heard anything. 

None of that’s great, though. I get that the guy’s entitled to a holiday and don’t grudge him that but this is really grating now.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye this is starting to rip my knitting and all and to make matters worse I'm only waiting on a tartan shirt!  I emailed Ross Dunbar on Friday morning simply asking the question if any of the tartan shirts had been dispatched to customers and not had a reply but I see above he may be on holiday.  His emails should still be forwarded and dealt with however.

I can understand trying to keep postage costs down by sending folk who have ordered both tops together, but not folk like myself who are only waiting on one and know its been sitting in Cappielow for well over a week now.  In fact, given how long this has dragged on, they should simply send everyone the tartan top asap regardless if they're also waiting on the chevron top.

here today, gone to hell

5 hours ago, irnbru said:

Was also quite disappointing to see hospitality was only half full for the first game of the season. 

Especially since it's so easy to book now. You can do it on the Fanbase app in about 3 clicks.

When it's not full you expect it being promoted much more heavily.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

29 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

My pal physically went to collect the two retro tops from cappielow and was told he couldn't get one without the other 😂

The tartan tops are in so where the fuck are the chevrons!?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

13 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Embarrassing taking a refund tbh 

They were automatically issued to everyone who purchased the stream.  I didn’t request it and would have been fine with letting them keep the fiver but thanks for your input 👍  I’m sure I will get over the embarrassment eventually

47 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Whats wrong with wanting your money back?

If you bought a pie and it had hairs on it, you'd want your money back.

Next.

Exactly,  I was willing to lose my fiver for the St Mirren stream, hoping things would get better. However, when u couldn't see any of the Edinburgh game I decided that I would ask for my money back, on the basis that if they keep "getting away with it " it won't be fixed.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Exactly,  I was willing to lose my fiver for the St Mirren stream, hoping things would get better. However, when u couldn't see any of the Edinburgh game I decided that I would ask for my money back, on the basis that if they keep "getting away with it " it won't be fixed.

If it keeps generating literally zero revenue, the service just won't be supplied at all. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are