Season Tickets - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care about the 12-16 prices tbh; my bugbear (though far less important than the above) would be the insistence on keeping free tickets for under 12s. If the club needs to get more money, why should that be exempt.from the scrapheap? £50 a season is still barely £2.50 a game and is less than the next FIFA will cost you for an entire season's worth of live entertainment. Sell fifty of those then you're officially 1% of your way towards making up the shortfall: every little helps.

The more sustainable way to encourage kids to go to the game has been done before: you give out free tickets to them in schools every so often. And who should pay for those tickets? Well I think that's a terrific opportunity for the Community Trust to finally do something worthwhile for the football club, instead of wasting everyone's time by arranging a kickabout in an old folks' home - their latest, ridiculous publicity stunt - or under 12s futsal for gender awareness. They can start by offering to pack people's bags in Morrisons on Saturday morning, but I'm sure they've got lots of zany fundraising ideas of their own that can be put to good use as well.

The Community Trust raises funds to give as many free tickets as possible to the impoverished sprogs of Inverclyde; that money is then handed over to the club in exchange for them and their guardians will have to pay £20 at the gate as well. It's a win-win-win scheme.

Impressive fact based analysis there. Sharp stuff.

Don't care about the 12-16 prices tbh; my bugbear (though far less important than the above) would be the insistence on keeping free tickets for under 12s. If the club needs to get more money, why should that be exempt.from the scrapheap? £50 a season is still barely £2.50 a game and is less than the next FIFA will cost you for an entire season's worth of live entertainment. Sell fifty of those then you're officially 1% of your way towards making up the shortfall: every little helps.

The more sustainable way to encourage kids to go to the game has been done before: you give out free tickets to them in schools every so often. And who should pay for those tickets? Well I think that's a terrific opportunity for the Community Trust to finally do something worthwhile for the football club, instead of wasting everyone's time by arranging a kickabout in an old folks' home - their latest, ridiculous publicity stunt - or under 12s futsal for gender awareness. They can start by offering to pack people's bags in Morrisons on Saturday morning, but I'm sure they've got lots of zany fundraising ideas of their own that can be put to good use as well.

The Community Trust raises funds to give as many free tickets as possible to the impoverished sprogs of Inverclyde; that money is then handed over to the club in exchange for them and their guardians will have to pay £20 at the gate as well. It's a win-win-win scheme.

Think it was Allan Burrows on the radio a few weeks ago who said that all the clubs in Scotland try to give away free tickets to schools but that most of the kids don't want them. He was commenting that, unlike in the past, not as many kids are actively engaged with football (due to ps4s/xboxs). Moreover, lots of the kids who are interested now follow players rather than teams. This can be evidenced by the social media trend that surrounded Ronaldo's move to Juve when literally millions of users unfollowed Real the day he left. Finally, with access to wall-to-wall coverage of the Premier League and European football, kids are increasingly viewing football as a TV product rather than a live event.

(TL;dr) - It is becoming much much more difficult to attract younger fans and doubling the prices of their season books will do no favours.

Think it was Allan Burrows on the radio a few weeks ago who said that all the clubs in Scotland try to give away free tickets to schools but that most of the kids don't want them. He was commenting that, unlike in the past, not as many kids are actively engaged with football (due to ps4s/xboxs). Moreover, lots of the kids who are interested now follow players rather than teams. This can be evidenced by the social media trend that surrounded Ronaldo's move to Juve when literally millions of users unfollowed Real the day he left. Finally, with access to wall-to-wall coverage of the Premier League and European football, kids are increasingly viewing football as a TV product rather than a live event.

(TL;dr) - It is becoming much much more difficult to attract younger fans and doubling the prices of their season books will do no favours.

They’re into American things now. What do you think about American things?

I think I'll give it a bye this season. If I go, I'll decide on the day and buy a ticket. This Fancard idea can get to fuck too.

Yes, that's what I'll do too.  Had a fancard when they first came out and it was almost impossible to get a match ticket on to it thanks to the appalling website/interface.  It's quicker and easier just to walk up Sinclair Street and buy a paper ticket.  Last year the early bird concession season ticket was a bargain, but unless you are able to get to nearly every game (some of which might be on a Friday evening with a scaffolding blocking the view) it's not really worth the hassle.  Also if you lose your season card, I assume it's still £15 for a replacement.  I can maybe see the benefit for those who go to every home game without fail, but for a large proportion of our support, that is not the case.  I liked the system a few years ago when you basically bought 18 match tickets at a discount and could use 2 for the one game, but that idea was maybe too sensible.

Having the fancard "ticket" linked to a particular game is also a recipe for disaster if a game is postponed and you can't get a refund.  The whole system seems to be set up to benefit the club without taking into consideration the supporters.  For now, cash on the day seems the simplest option (although contactless payment would be good too).

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

(although contactless payment would be good too).

The fact we can't use contactless shows how crap the turnstiles are. Is there a way to buy on your phone then use a QR code? I always just buy from Smiths.

The fact we can't use contactless shows how crap the turnstiles are. Is there a way to buy on your phone then use a QR code? I always just buy from Smiths.

I've not been to any stadium in the world that allows contactless at the gate never mind a Scottish Championship one.

I've not been to any stadium in the world that allows contactless at the gate never mind a Scottish Championship one.

No, but at the same time we were installing ours, St Mirren were upgrading their Interstadia readers to allow fans to buy tickets online but instead of still having to pick them up at the ticket office or have them posted out, they just download them to their Apple or Android wallets and scan their phones at the turnstiles.

Our state of the art system as heralded at it's installation, was in fact out of date even at that point.

No, but at the same time we were installing ours, St Mirren were upgrading their Interstadia readers to allow fans to buy tickets online but instead of still having to pick them up at the ticket office or have them posted out, they just download them to their Apple or Android wallets and scan their phones at the turnstiles.

Our state of the art system as heralded at it's installation, was in fact out of date even at that point.

Yes we should at least have this.

Sorry i wasn't really clear - of course that wouldn't make sense as everyone could just pay for a child. I meant, we don't have contactless at the ticket booths. (Sorry)

Sorry i wasn't really clear - of course that wouldn't make sense as everyone could just pay for a child. I meant, we don't have contactless at the ticket booths. (Sorry)

It was more directed at the other poster who's said several times about contactless at the gate. Either way, I don't see much of an issue if you have to press 4 buttons on a machine or not.

On the bigger picture though, I think there should be half season tickets and the 18 games one we had before. Wouldn't be hard to implement and manage from a systems point of view and would give a lot more flexibility. Again, there's not really many clubs I'm aware of that do it but we have in the past so no real reason not to do it again.

Don't really see the issue with the price although, like others have said, an incentive to current season ticket holders (or even a mail to encourage them to renew) would help. It doesn't even need to be a saving, it could be something as simple as 10% off the new top or getting it a week early.

Part of the benefit of an electronic system should be about getting data, analysing it and then using it with a basic example being to let someone know they went over the threshold of games last season and a season ticket would be a cheaper option for them.

I miss a few every season. Fortunately this season was only 1 home game so the season cards were of tremendous value. Depending on how the fixtures fall next year it may be of better value to me to pay as I go.

My jump in cost is considerable. Last season I was £244 for myself and 2 kids (one being free, awesome) but this year due to price hikes and the free one jumping to £99 I will be £493 all in. Now I get that last year was an incredible price and my circumstances are maybe different from others but that’s over double. Not sure I can justify that outgoing to the missus...

You have to ask permission from your missus?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It was more directed at the other poster who's said several times about contactless at the gate. Either way, I don't see much of an issue if you have to press 4 buttons on a machine or not.

On the bigger picture though, I think there should be half season tickets and the 18 games one we had before. Wouldn't be hard to implement and manage from a systems point of view and would give a lot more flexibility. Again, there's not really many clubs I'm aware of that do it but we have in the past so no real reason not to do it again.

Don't really see the issue with the price although, like others have said, an incentive to current season ticket holders (or even a mail to encourage them to renew) would help. It doesn't even need to be a saving, it could be something as simple as 10% off the new top or getting it a week early.

Part of the benefit of an electronic system should be about getting data, analysing it and then using it with a basic example being to let someone know they went over the threshold of games last season and a season ticket would be a cheaper option for them.

Are you original Irn Bru or the new reduced sugar one?

That's Partick and Dundee Utd manage to sort out finance options for season tickets. Only way I'll consider buying one is if morton do the same.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You could pay by card at Firhill at the gate last December and I'm pretty sure it was contactless as well. It's really not the sort of great technological struggle that you seem to think it is. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think it was Allan Burrows on the radio a few weeks ago who said that all the clubs in Scotland try to give away free tickets to schools but that most of the kids don't want them.

There's a big difference between clubs handing out free tickets and a gormless outfit like the Community Trust buying tickets from the club and distributing them through the happy-clappy networks and school contacts that they love to bang on about. In the second scenario it doesn't really matter whether lots of weans turn up or not: the club still gets extra revenue regardless.

The club currently gets precisely £0 in gate revenue from all children under 12 because of a ridiculous and now unsustainable commitment to subsidising parents who want to take their sprogs to games as well. When it's £300 a head to watch for an adult it is clearly time to end this nonsense and take a more logical and fact-based approach instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived