Season Tickets - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

In defence of the community trust, it has been remarkably successful for a gormless outfit. Gorms are obviously overrated.

Morton fans want a winning team on the park and couldn't care less about the community trust. I'm pretty sure I speak for the vast majority there.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defence of the community trust, it has been remarkably successful for a gormless outfit. Gorms are obviously overrated.

Yep, that'll be why the club is passing round the begging bowl twice over to try and scrape enough money to afford a team that isn't completely dung. All those under-12s futsal games proved such a money-spinner!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Apart from getting a massive fucking grant to have a swap-shop for second hand Slazengers trackie bottoms, what are its other successes other than catapult Warren Hawke into a position where he was well out of his depth?

*insert signature here*

Morton fans want a winning team on the park and couldn't care less about the community trust. I'm pretty sure I speak for the vast majority there.

That's probably true but I don't think the 2 things are mutually exclusive. Inverclyde is hoaching with bigot scum and anything that features Morton positively in the wider community can't be bad.

That's probably true but I don't think the 2 things are mutually exclusive. Inverclyde is hoaching with bigot scum and anything that features Morton positively in the wider community can't be bad.

That's my take on it as well. Morton should be the focal point for most football-related things in Inverclyde. My concern is that this will end up as the only goal of the club and the trust, since organizing bandy tournaments for six-year-old Venezuelan orphaned coal-mining pensioners is a lot easier and cheaper than running a professional football club. So while I support what the CT is doing, I'd like the club to be a bit less self-congratulatory about it, and instead focus on the first team.

To their credit, bringing in Hopkin is a sign that they've not completely given up just yet.

EOho8Pw.png

Yep, that'll be why the club is passing round the begging bowl twice over to try and scrape enough money to afford a team that isn't completely dung. All those under-12s futsal games proved such a money-spinner!

You literally don’t understand what the community trust is and what it exists to do.

I was watching BT Sport's documentary last night called 'The State of Play' which was on after the Europa League Final, and they had an interesting bit about Accrington Stanley and how it was run, and their management and directors attitudes towards the supporters and it looked great, and an interesting example of how Morton should be run.

All these peripheral projects are all good and well, but the football team is the real thing that matters.

*insert signature here*

Yep, I’m sure that’s true.

Somehow I don't see their latest stunt of sending some CT goon around to an old folks' home with a football overcoming the saturation of big club coverage or four hundred years of rampant bigotry tbh. 

Most importantly though it contributes absolutely fuck all of value to the football club whose brand it is pointlessly piggy-backing off. Get it in the sea. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Somehow I don't see their latest stunt of sending some CT goon around to an old folks' home with a football resolving the saturation of big club coverage or four hundred years of rampant bigotry tbh.

Most importantly though it contributes absolutely fuck all of value to the football club whose brand it is pointlessly piggy-backing off. Get it in the sea.

Trying too hard

Whatever happened to the feasibility study for the new stand, which had the work-Geordie with his drone footage talking about how the QB is an area of deprivation etc.

There was another big whack of cash that resulted in fuck all.

*insert signature here*

Trying too hard

Indeed you are. Unless of course Sadie (88) from Alt-na-Craig House is now going to score 40 goals for us next season, in which case the Trust will have done something worthwhile for the first time in its existence.

Whatever happened to the feasibility study for the new stand, which had the work-Geordie with his drone footage talking about how the QB is an area of deprivation etc.

There was another big whack of cash that resulted in fuck all.

I’ve answered that a few times, which isn’t to be flippant just don’t have time right now to go over it again. Will do next week if you remind me. Though worth saying the award was fairly modest and it did produce a feasibility report which was what the money was for.

Indeed you are. Unless of course Sadie (88) from Alt-na-Craig House is now going to score 40 goals for us next season, in which case the Trust will have done something worthwhile for the first time in its existence.

Fingers crossed.

I’ve answered that a few times, which isn’t to be flippant just don’t have time right now to go over it again. Will do next week if you remind me.

Provide a link if it's quicker for you.

*insert signature here*

This is basically my gripe.

Is there anyone doing work for the CT that works for the club though? They are two different organisations with different funding, etc.

There's obviously links but I don't think it can be argued that time spent on community work could be spent on the football side.

Archived