Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 97 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never rated him when he played against us, always looked clumsy and nervous on the ball.

Hope he has improved.

I have the same impression of him. Always fancied our chances against him. But he seems to be rated more highly than that by St Mirren fans, so maybe he always saved his worst for us.

This one is only to January. 

Don't think that makes a difference. See page 123: https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%2030-May-19%20(MASTER%20COPY).pdf

I've quoted it below, emphasis mine. I don't think any of our five loanees count towards item 60, but of course I have no way of knowing that for sure.

57 Subject to Regulations 60, a Club shall not, at any one time, have more than:-

(i) one Player League Registered with it on the basis of a Temporary Transfer
from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same
Division as itself;

(ii) two Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers
from any one other Club for the time being eligible to participate in another
Division from itself; and

(iii) in aggregate, including Players falling within Regulations 57(i) and 57(ii), four
Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers from
Clubs and Scottish Football clubs.

58 Subject to Regulations 60, in the event that a transferee Club shall have more
Players League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers than is
permitted by Regulation 57, then, without prejudice to any action or proceedings
as may be brought against such Club for breach of and/or failure to fulfil the
relevant Rules and Regulations, the League Registration(s) of the Player(s) most
recently League Registered with it on the basis of Temporary Transfers, except for
any such Players so Registered in terms of Regulations 60 and/or 61, shall
immediately terminate and be cancelled such that there shall be the number of
Players from Clubs and other Scottish Football clubs League Registered with the
relevant transferee Club on the basis of Temporary Transfers as shall be permitted
by each of Regulations 57(i), 57(ii) and 57(iii).

59 It is the individual responsibility of each Club to ensure that it does not exceed the
number of Players which may be League Registered with it on the basis of
Temporary Transfers at any one time, than is permitted by each of Regulations
57(i), 57(ii) and 57(iii). Any Player whose League Registration with a transferee Club
is terminated in accordance with Regulation 58 shall be dealt with in accordance
with Regulation 65. Until such a Player’s League Registration shall revert to his
transferor Club or his Registration reverts to a Scottish Football club in accordance
with Regulation 65 or, if earlier, the Player shall become Registered with another
Club or registered with a Football club, the Player shall be entitled to continue to be
remunerated on the basis and in the amounts agreed by the Club(s) and/or Football
club which agreed to remunerate him in terms of the written agreement(s) entered
into and setting out the terms of the terminated and cancelled Temporary Transfer
as if he had continued to be the subject of the Temporary Transfer during the
period from the date of termination of his Temporary Transfer until the date when
his Registration reverts to his transferor Club or he is Registered/registered to a
Football club in accordance with Regulation 65. Any dispute as to the amount
payable to such a Player during such period and/or by when and by which Club(s)
and/or Football club it shall be payable and/or paid shall be determined by the
Board as an Adjudication.

International Temporary Transfers
60 Nothing in these Regulations shall have the effect of imposing any limit on the
number of Players a Club shall be permitted to have Scottish FA Registered
and/or League Registered with that Club at any time and/or over any period of
time on the basis of a Temporary Transfer(s) where such Temporary Transfer(s)
has/have required, in order to take place, the issue of an International Transfer Certificate(s)
or its equivalent, in terms of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer
of Players for the time being in force or any amending or replacement Regulations
promulgated by FIFA or its successor. All such Players, for whom such certificate(s)
were so required in order to be Temporarily Transferred, shall not be counted
for the purposes of any of the limits, in particular, but without prejudice to the
forgoing generality, the limits specified in Regulation 57, provided for in these
Regulations on the numbers of Players who may be Scottish FA Registered
and/or League Registered with a Club on the basis of a Temporary Transfer(s)
at any time or over any period of time and/or who may not be eligible to Play
in an Official Match by reason of the number of Players from time to time
Scottish FA Registered and/or League Registered with a Club on the basis of Temporary Transfers.

EOho8Pw.png

I’m sorry but I really am not a fan of developing a player for our supposed fiercest rivals. He’s a decent enough player for this level but it reeks of desperation, and this is ignoring the Broadfoot mess.

Not impressed.

Reading that, it seems like I'm either reading it wrong, we've messed up, or we've managed to punt Blues back to Livi.

That's what I think might have happened. Either that or one of our players is subject to rule 60 (which I highly doubt), or the rules have changed without this document (which I accessed from here: https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations) is wrong... or we're both understanding it incorrectly.

EOho8Pw.png

Reading that, it seems like I'm either reading it wrong, we've messed up, or we've managed to punt Blues back to Livi.

Could it be that there’s an exception for goalkeepers? I’ve seen similar exceptions in the past when they’ve been involved.

Archived