Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together

TheGoon

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the Car park ?

Good point.  I am aware that the site is polluted but it is probably fairly simply remediated if required, and the need to do so would depend on what the proposed development was - for example for housing, the top 1.2m would probably need to be remediated at least within garden areas.  i assume the pollution is railway yard related, so maybe organics like PAH or similar.  The current ground level is a plus point as it is well above flood level, which simplifies planning and makes drainage simpler.  No idea what the site is worth but I would say a good site for a housing association to develop, maybe in association with a private housebuilder.  I think the site area is about 8 acres which is a decent size.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Silly question but why capitalise the word aegis?

I recently started capitalizing some words to make it look like a tabloid report. Admittedly it works better when it's an adjective like PALTRY, but still. AEGIS.

EOho8Pw.png

Noble intentions but unless there are some dormant wealthy fans out there not convinced in its current guide this proposal will succeed. Apathy around the club, a disconnected BoD, the farce that was the GMST ... you can only go to the well so often. As an existing shareholder, someone who was previously a sponsor, one of the dafties who invested in the Trust, a former season ticket holder and even one of the volunteer painting team I should be a given but for now I am sitting on my hands

Looking at what is being proposed, I can see similarities between this and the GMST at its initial conception eg. People join the Trust, some 'Loan note holders' pledge a subscription or a lump sum which would in turn go towards funding the purchase of shares ensuring 'a say in your local club'. A reasonable stake in the club was acquired by the GMST and the GMST even had their representative on the board for several years afterwards - Messrs. Ian McColl and Stuart Duncan - however neither of them effectively held the Chairman or Chief Executive at the time over their mismanagement or reckless accrual of debts, or were able to prevent the 'debt for equity swap' which eroded the GMSTs shareholdings to a negligible level.

What is being proposed yesterday all seems very familiar, the people involved, the amounts and the dates have all changed, the organisation may have a different name, but it is essentially the same idea.

I don't think that Supporters Trusts are a bad thing, nor is the idea of fans being financial stakeholders in the club they love, but there seems to be so much wrong about this proposal, starting with the valuation, which make this idea a certain to fail.

*insert signature here*

I agree with the above post and like Inhave said, Inwoshbthr guy well but I don’t see the interest levels or trust amid fans given there is no feel good factor.

Interesting to note that when st Mirren were bought over it was for 1m quid. That was 78% in the club. 50% to Gordon Scott and 28% was to be held by their supporters trust which is ran very well and they have an excess of cash each month, apparently.

My question is, this venture fails to deliver and the Easdakes are not interested...what’s plan B?

I'm not really sure what to make of this. I'm sure the scheme has been set up with the best of intentions but it all seems a bit airy fairy. If there is a way that I could contribute to the club on a monthly basis with a goal of owning a stake which would eventually lead on to securing our future and any sort of improvement in how the club is run, income generation, on the pitch etc then I'd be all for it but I'm very wary at this point.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1m quid to buy St Mirren a few year ago or 400k for 15% of Morton, who are debt ridden going by books, is it any wonder no one has looked to buy us

It's not 400k to buy shares, the proposal is 400k investment into the club that would be used for the football side of things and that MCT would get shares for doing that.

Presumably Rae sees the benefit as relieving some pressure and, probably more importantly, that it would show other investors with more money that there's interest there.

400k for this doesn't necessarily mean that the remaining shares are valued at the same amount.

It's not 400k to buy shares, the proposal is 400k investment into the club that would be used for the football side of things and that MCT would get shares for doing that.

Presumably Rae sees the benefit as relieving some pressure and, probably more importantly, that it would show other investors with more money that there's interest there.

400k for this doesn't necessarily mean that the remaining shares are valued at the same amount.

Nope, that’s exactly the same as exchanging £400k for 15% of the club just with a set of paper-thin pledges to go along with it. People can judge whether or not that’s worth investing in but you can’t dress it up as something that it’s not.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived