Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fan Ownership - Morton Club Together

TheGoon

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Make sure the actual pledge form works’ is something that quite clearly ought to have been checked off well before launching the site or even unveiling the scheme. How many people who aren’t Morton fans but might have chipped in a small amount to a fan ownership scheme do they think are going to revisit the site or will even remember the launch when they finally get the site sorted?

On this issue it really doesn’t matter if they’re relying on volunteers or not because the job they’ve done is beyond amateur. If it wasn’t yet fit for purpose then they shouldn’t have launched it, it’s that simple.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As VT says, making sure the pledge form actually worked would have been a pretty obvious starting point; getting it sorted ASAP when finding out it didn't would surely be a priority given that's the primary objective? Answering a basic question posted here about what the money would be used for (like I posted) would be something you'd think would be a 'to do' item, as I don't think my question was particular to me.

I agree with the previous comments about the website. A quick look at the Interstadia webpage would have given a strong indication of their competence, if our then-CEO had taken the time to look. Hope the group gets it updated soon, but first impressions were terrible.

I get that it's all been done on a voluntary basis and I've hesitated being too critical of something that seems to be well-intentioned but, at the end of the day, it's about generating enough confidence in your group/organisation for people to commit money to you. None of the above makes me feel that, which is why (after my initial response to pledge led to the ubiquitous non-working form) I've decided to wait and see how things develop.

• 2 weeks later...

No, 25% would account for all other shareholders, not MCT itself as the scheme stands currently. The idea of another minority shareholder like GMST doing anything to hold the custodians of the club to account is given lie by the fact that the entire debt was run up on their watch while they did and said nothing, just like their response to every commercial, administrative and PR fuck-up that's occurred at Cappielow over the last two decades.

If GMST has any assets left then perhaps it should dissolve them and pledge them to an organisation that might have some credibility with the fanbase.

That organisation wouldn't be Graham McLennan's 'Morton Club Together', as Despite them wheeling out old Alan McGraw and a few supporters out there pledging money to the Scheme, the idea has no credibility. It is falling at the first hurdle when they are asked who is on the leadership team.

You are right in what you said previously that just because someone has good intentions they shouldn't be given money so easily without a proper plan in place. This guy has become an Inverclyde celebrity with his fag packet idea.

*insert signature here*

• 4 weeks later...

That organisation wouldn't be Graham McLennan's 'Morton Club Together', as Despite them wheeling out old Alan McGraw and a few supporters out there pledging money to the Scheme, the idea has no credibility. It is falling at the first hurdle when they are asked who is on the leadership team.

You are right in what you said previously that just because someone has good intentions they shouldn't be given money so easily without a proper plan in place. This guy has become an Inverclyde celebrity with his fag packet idea.

There are quite a few flaws with both the pitch and the actual plan itself, but I wouldn’t say it has got no credibility. It clearly won’t reach its unrealistic target of £400k of pledged funds but still has a decent amount on the table. The vision for investment needs worked on and its leaders need to demonstrate more independence than the bunch of Crawford’s golf buddies that they look like right now, but the fundamentals of the idea are exactly what a club like Morton requires to secure its prosperity and success.

The organisation that is truly without any credibility is GMST; during a few months in which the club has been turned over top to bottom, not a peep has been heard from them. Despite my reservations about MCT they’ve done a hell of a lot more to try and secure the club’s future in a few months than the so-called Trust has done during the last fifteen years of hopeless mismanagement by the Raes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Seemingly i posted this in wrong Forum post so here goes again :

i went along on Saturday night to meet the people involved and clarify what the bigger picture actually is , i met a lot of people i already knew and some that i didn't ,i also met a lot of friends who already knew Graham or worked with him , and said nothing but good things about him , so i'll be taking my friends word for that .anyone i spoke to was more than happy to chat and explain why they are doing this and how they are doing it,

they also explained what the process is going to be (once confirmed and signed), there will be a legal contract and signed terms and conditions setting out that contract given to each of the pledge's, asking them to convert the pledge into a payment , this payment will then go towards the players budget and only the playing budget, and for this pledge "golden casket" will gift MCT 15% shares (this is still being negotiated), and this will be from the off , not at the end of the 2 years , but at the befgining, 

i asked the question about ownership changing hands and how that would affect the MCT cash, and basically "golden Casket" could sell the remaining 75% as MCT would still hold 15%, obviously this changes things slightly as there would be new owners in place and the relationship may change, but the aim is still the same to provide additional funds for the playing budget....and eventually increase that share holding..

they also explained they have had many meetings with the Hibs, Hearts and St mirren Fan ownership groups and are modelling it around the Hibs system (if i heard correctly), i think we need to remember these guys started this from Scratch 8 weeks ago or something and are trying to pull together different streams of knowledge , and resources from a standing start , it's not going to be water tight or word perfect , but its certainly been better than anything else on offer ..

for me the fact that MCT would start with the 15% shareholding is important , if it was to be gifted after the 24months , i would have been a bit more concerned.. there is also the thought that after the 2 years there would be a further plan to increase the shareholding and bring in further grants and funding to the club ....

i think i could work out great for the club and the area if it were to take off and the guys all seem genuine and have the club and community at heart ... but it's up to each individual to decide i suppose ...

should have said as well , all decisions will be put to vote on a 1 vote 1 person setup ....

paddi

Ps.. i dont have all the answers ...but i'll answer what i can

Archived