morton against dunfermline - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

morton against dunfermline

beetee

I still dont know how Chris Millar managed to pull at least an 8/10 performance out of that team performance. He should be given the freedom of Greenock, along with the likes of James Watt, Richard Wilson and Dubfermline's midfield.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic.

Our full backs are actually wing backs, so playing iredale and tumilty in a back 4 doesn't work.

Dunfermnline are garbage and a better team would've carved them two up all day.

We play balls down the channels that our forwards can't get too due to a lack of pace.

When we inevitably go long it comes to nothing due to a lack of aerial presence.

Millar is our best player at sticking a foot in, breaking things up, showing some determination & spreading play and yet McAlister plays the deep lying cm every week? Whilst Millar gets carted about right side then fucking left mid today?

Tidser is by far our best creative midfielder and he's on the bench??? And even when he does play, it looks like he's been asked to sit back, when we all know he should be the furthest forward of a midfield 3.

It's a mess and awful to watch. I've been trying to give JJ a chance but he can't get a performance out this team and looks totally inept.

The board will look at the table and think "oh only 1 point off the playoffs... great job JJ" when really they should be looking at it and thinking "if we had a decent manager we could be challenging for the title this season"

Dreadful to watch, such a lack of quality.  

Tidser is our only creative midfielder and JJ had him on the bench.

Not a single shot on target is a disgrace.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

No criticism of Millar today then?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

So much for losing the season ticket and not bothering your arse to try and find it.

It’s not really about Morton for Colin Darroch, is it?

No criticism of Millar today then?

Millar had one of his better games... second half anyway. Closed down well and worked hard throughout.

Like the rest of the midfield, unable to hit a decent forward pass in 90 minutes.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

So much for losing the season ticket and not bothering your arse to try and find it.

It’s not really about Morton for Colin Darroch, is it?

Got a free replacement... don't think I'd have bothered otherwise. Only went today to see if Dallas improved things, but it was one of the worst games of football I've seen at Cappielow.

Pathetic.

Our full backs are actually wing backs, so playing iredale and tumilty in a back 4 doesn't work.

Dunfermnline are garbage and a better team would've carved them two up all day.

We play balls down the channels that our forwards can't get too due to a lack of pace.

When we inevitably go long it comes to nothing due to a lack of aerial presence.

Millar is our best player at sticking a foot in, breaking things up, showing some determination & spreading play and yet McAlister plays the deep lying cm every week? Whilst Millar gets carted about right side then ****ing left mid today?

Tidser is by far our best creative midfielder and he's on the bench??? And even when he does play, it looks like he's been asked to sit back, when we all know he should be the furthest forward of a midfield 3.

It's a mess and awful to watch. I've been trying to give JJ a chance but he can't get a performance out this team and looks totally inept.

The board will look at the table and think "oh only 1 point off the playoffs... great job JJ" when really they should be looking at it and thinking "if we had a decent manager we could be challenging for the title this season"

This looks like a fair and balanced post to me. Having only seen a few live games, and only attended one, it's good to hear from someone who's waited a while before reaching a conclusion. Unfortunately it seems to be the same conclusion that most have reached.

EOho8Pw.png

So is going to watch rugby in fairness.

Only ever been to watch Greenock Wanderers 1st XV twice in my life, both games in the last month.

Far prefer football as a game, but absolutely no doubt the two rugby matches I watched were more entertaining than what we saw at Cappielow on Saturday.

Free to get in, and you can stand and watch with a pint... or a Peroni!

Well that was fucking shite. First 15 we kept it on the deck dallas looked good and we looked OK then we change n go back to front and let a bang average dunfermline boss things complete joke. Tidser on telfer off was 30 minutes to late at least also dykes had run his race after 60 n Oliver should have been given more than 10 minutes. Very poor overall dykes looks a player dallas aswell just play to our strengths n stop this back to front shite we see week in week out.

That really was grim yesterday. Have seen some bad/uneventful games at Cappielow, that is right up there. Didn’t deserve to lose it but were miles off being worthy of any sort of victory. As others have noted, Millar was our best player and worked himself into the ground despite his job being made 100x more difficult by nobody showing for the ball. McCrorie looked pretty solid, though Dunfermline barely tested him. Dallas wasn’t bad, had very little service but he looked like somewhat of a threat. Could be quite useful once at full fitness.

Tidser not starting was just mental, zero justification for him being fully fit and being wasted on the bench. I do feel for him. This could’ve easily been the best season of his career if he could’ve carried his form on but JJ has absolutely no idea how to use him.

Pretty criminal we’ve failed to beat a Dunfermline team as bad as that 3 times. Some decent individuals (“Higgy” strolled it today) but as a unit they’re garbage.

We could sign Luis Suarez tomorrow and I don’t think my enthusiasm for this season would change much. Things are bad.

I realise its our own employee interviewing the manager, and he can hardly grill him, but politely asking why JJ doesn't think our best player deserves a starting berth is surely not pushing it too far?

Its fucking ridiculous and predictable that Johnansson would think yesterday's performance was good. We're a complete mess.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Only ever been to watch Greenock Wanderers 1st XV twice in my life, both games in the last month.

Far prefer football as a game, but absolutely no doubt the two rugby matches I watched were more entertaining than what we saw at Cappielow on Saturday.

Free to get in, and you can stand and watch with a pint... or a Peroni!

Peroni is fucking rotten. It's like drinking perfume.

*insert signature here*

Archived