Tribunal (Morton vs snake employers) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tribunal (Morton vs snake employers)

TONofmemories

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snippet from someone on P&B, Falkirk supporter:

However, I had a lengthy conversation recently with a member of the press who appears to know a great deal about the goings-on behind the scenes at Cappielow. Stories about coaching staff being appointed without the managers knowledge / approval and BOD members demanding that certain players must play were quite prominent in that discussion.

Same old, same old. While I don't always agree with the club's habit of signing a billion coaches a season, there's realistically no reason why a manager on a one-year torolling contract should have veto rights over, say, youth coaching, for the obvious reason that the youth system will still be there after they move on. And I'm rolling my eyes at the BoD selection thing. Is it alluding to the Easdale kid, or McAlister, or whoever else? Who cares? If a board invests in a player they're probably going to want him to play, for better or worse. Falcao at United springs to mind.

It's all very convenient that apparently we're now Jesus Gil's Atletico simply because McKinnon wanted more money, is what I'm saying.

Another Falkirk fan:

If I was a Morton fan I'd be more interested in why this happened rather than how yet I don't think I've seen any of them ask that question on here so far?

its-afraid.jpg

The SPFL have decided that Falkirk have a case to answer, so the Falkirk fans, cheeks puffed out with earnest effort, are grunting their way onto the pitch to move the goalposts. Now it's all about Morton's malfeasance. It won't wash. Whatever problems there are or aren't at Cappielow exist totally independently of the fact that Ray McKinnon:

1) looks like someone who hangs around at funfairs taking surreptitious photographs

2) is a snake

3) has joined a snake club in a snake way, for which they are now being invesitgated

Sad!

EOho8Pw.png

So basically a Falkirk fan has been reading the message board, and has taken some of the stories/rumours on here and decided that they’ll throw in that some fanny from a Grangemouth paper knows something to try and give it some credibility.

They are cacking it. Give us your money and jog on into League 1 👍🏻

So basically a Falkirk fan has been reading the message board, and has taken some of the stories/rumours on here and decided that they’ll throw in that some fanny from a Grangemouth paper knows something to try and give it some credibility.

They are cacking it. Give us your money and jog on into League 1

Have a greenie. Carry on.

*insert signature here*

Even if every rumour is true, surely Falkirk and the snake are still in the wrong and Morton are due compensation?

I doubt if he’d have walked from Cappielow over the issues if he didn’t have another club to go to.

The main lesson from this chapter in the episode is that Falkirk's board have successfully staved off a gubbins revolt by their fanbase by pledging lots of money to throw at absolute ringers while indulging the embittered fantasies of their fanbase regarding The Famous. All attention being handily deflected away from the fact that they're on their third manager in barely 13 months and remain anchored to the bottom of the division. Only the most gormless fanbase in Scottish football would fall for such a ruse, so naturally Falkirk fans gobbled it up. 

There's still no plausible explanation as to why Ray 'Ray' 'King Snake' McKinnon has mysteriously decided to follow an omerta while his character gets permanently trashed in the Scottish game through a wildly successful, mass hounding. Which is where the 'hidden revelations' theory falls down every single time.

Relegate them then liquidate them and leave King Snake as a creditor who gets shafted out of his money and is sent back to the Lochee taxi routes where he belongs. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I know what I believe.

Even if every rumour is true, surely Falkirk and the snake are still in the wrong and Morton are due compensation?

I doubt if he’d have walked from Cappielow over the issues if he didn’t have another club to go to.

Ray Von is correct - whatever did or did not happen at Cappielow is completely and totally separate to Falkirk's anguine conduct. This isn't Kevin Keegan stepping down at Newcastle - this is an illegitimate approach (well, according to Morton, for the time being) for a manager well within the protected period of his contract. So you can believe that we screwed the pooch if you want, but unless something truly and utterly incredible took place it wouldn't exonerate Falkirk in the least. And it also wouldn't explain why JJ left what was probably a decent job at Ibrox for the footballing equivalent of pre-ball Cinderella drudgery.

EOho8Pw.png

Also, let's remember that a friendly journalist planted the original story before 'Raymond' even left - that he was free to go without compensation. At the time I thought this might be true (and it still might) but why bring up all this other stuff - and why would beastface McKinnon be dropping innuendo about Morton - if it was simply down to a release clause or probation period?

EOho8Pw.png

Also, let's remember that a friendly journalist planted the original story before 'Raymond' even left - that he was free to go without compensation. At the time I thought this might be true (and it still might) but why bring up all this other stuff - and why would beastface McKinnon be dropping innuendo about Morton - if it was simply down to a release clause or probation period?

Not that Falkirk's chairman's word is anything to by but I notice she confirmed at a Q & A at the end of September that they paid us around 60k for McKinnon.

Really??

Amazed anyone believed that nonsense!

That’s £60k to pay off Hartley and his team, no?

Absolutely. Don't think people are actually bothering to read the statement because it is quite clear that 60k was paid to Hartley and his coaches not to Morton.

McKinnon took his first team coaching staff with him when he went. Coaching staff members are often appointed by a club rather than the manager, but McKinnon clearly got his choices. Outside of that, why on earth would he have an influence? He was the first team manager, not the director of football or anything like that.

That kind of thing undermines such rumours. It makes no sense that he would have any legitimate grievance about coaching appointments, so why should we believe the rest?

Archived