Morton vs Dunfermline - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Dunfermline

TONofmemories

Tumilty was arguably our best player, he wasn't poor at all imo.

After 2 years of Doyle, what a breath of fresh air it is having a right back who is comfortable in possession and doesn't s***e it and boot the ball the way he's facing whenever someone comes near him.

Comfortable in possession? The distribution of both our full backs was diabolical.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the Mckinnon shout from a wallpaper just to the left of where the old fence was in the shed or somewhere else? Guy there was berating everyone for the whole game, started the McKinnon push 'no wonder he left, must have looked in your eyes and saw nothing'.

Kept going until he shouted it again followed by 'I'd leave you lot too' before shouts around him fired back 'what's ****ing keeping you' and '****ing leave then'.

Absolute idiot.

He was standing in the shed roughly half way between the halfway line and the Wee Dublin End as far as I could make out.

He was standing in the shed roughly half way between the halfway line and the Wee Dublin End as far as I could make out.

He sounded like he was behind me - in line with the half way line.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Could be the same guy then, right behind me, towards the back of the shed just in from the exit to the pie stall. The Mckinnon stuff started when he couldn't scream at Iredale any longer.

Luckily he did leave, and significantly before the equaliser.

I think we need to hope that that was merely a blip and that Anderson's contribution is a serious issue, but at the same time, the manager has been in long enough to take the blame for what was a truly dreadful performance. Absolutely none of the things that characterise and define a passing, attacking team were on show: even with the rabble Shiels inherited there were signs from the off of what he was trying to do (for good or I'll), so it's a concern that yesterday was so bad. At one point one in the second half, one of our players was running with the ball into their half and there was a group of 5 others behind him standing not moving looking confused. Nobody knew what they were supposed to do at any point of the game.

The thing about that is that you knew it was coming from the minute the team was announced. Everybody in Scottish football knows Tidser needs to be in a midfield three to get the best from him and everybody knows Bob McHugh isn't very good and it should be obvious to anybody that Iredale clearly isn't not a left-mid. These things aren't subtle intricacies, it's things any manager or player in the league could tell you so there's not really much of an excuse for it.

Scully should be dropped for his pathetic time-wasting attempt alone never mind his inferiority to Gaston; Waddell should be in for Kilday; if Millar is unavailable Telfer should come straight in; the front three should be Maclean, Johnstone and Oliver/Tiffoney (would rather it wasn't him but he's here whether we like it or not); Johnstone is not as good as he's cracked up to be; Derek Anderson's position as a youth coach should be under review as it appears he doesn't have a clue about anything.

Anyway, just need to see what happens next week. Its a huge game in several ways.

AWMSC

Excuse me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but why wasn't Millar playing?

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I think we need to hope that that was merely a blip and that Anderson's contribution is a serious issue, but at the same time, the manager has been in long enough to take the blame for what was a truly dreadful performance. Absolutely none of the things that characterise and define a passing, attacking team were on show: even with the rabble Shiels inherited there were signs from the off of what he was trying to do (for good or I'll), so it's a concern that yesterday was so bad. At one point one in the second half, one of our players was running with the ball into their half and there was a group of 5 others behind him standing not moving looking confused. Nobody knew what they were supposed to do at any point of the game.

The thing about that is that you knew it was coming from the minute the team was announced. Everybody in Scottish football knows Tidser needs to be in a midfield three to get the best from him and everybody knows Bob McHugh isn't very good and it should be obvious to anybody that Iredale clearly isn't not a left-mid. These things aren't subtle intricacies, it's things any manager or player in the league could tell you so there's not really much of an excuse for it.

Scully should be dropped for his pathetic time-wasting attempt alone never mind his inferiority to Gaston; Waddell should be in for Kilday; if Millar is unavailable Telfer should come straight in; the front three should be Maclean, Johnstone and Oliver/Tiffoney (would rather it wasn't him but he's here whether we like it or not); Johnstone is not as good as he's cracked up to be; Derek Anderson's position as a youth coach should be under review as it appears he doesn't have a clue about anything.

Anyway, just need to see what happens next week. Its a huge game in several ways.

Derek Anderson is not a youth coach.

He failed a fitness test yesterday morning.

Cheers.

We restricted them to two shots on goal, which I think both centre backs deserve tremendous credit for. Buchanan was man of the match, but they both did a very good job of keeping Dunfermline at bay. I think that was a real plus of yesterday - we gave away far more chances in some of the earlier games this season through poor defending.

They’ve helped JJ take training, and because Houston was only appointed Friday he wouldn’t know they’ve prepared etc, it’ll be JJ and Houston from now.

Lets hope we've seen the last of them then.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

They’ve helped JJ take training, and because Houston was only appointed Friday he wouldn’t know they’ve prepared etc, it’ll be JJ and Houston from now.

Aye, two weeks isn't a lot of time for him to have to sort a whole new backroom team, get to know the players, the league, etc so I'd imagine they still had a bit of input.

Saying that, he's now had a chance to see most of the players in two different types of games so next week will be quite telling with regards to the shape, etc he wants.

El Bakhtoui was called an immigrant,told to go back to his own country, told to go home to Israel you ****ing jew etc.

For the most part all clearly to make their mates laugh rather than be outright racist as he isn't even Israeli but definitely shouted loud enough that he could hear it.

Assuming cornbeef approved, aye?

Archived