Morton vs Dunfermline - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Dunfermline

TONofmemories

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 points from 9 against 3 teams struggling is piss poor.

Partick and Dundee United are only ‘struggling’ by their fanbase’s gormless expectations. They’re perfectly competent Championship sides as the table and their results clearly show. If we had failed against dung like Falkirk and Alloa then you’d have a valid point; but we didn’t, so you don’t.

To have nine points and sit 5th after a turbulent start to the season and a lorryload of new players is okay. Not outstanding, but not poor either. After the Ross County game it looked like we were finding our best team - that has been set back by King Snake’s treachery, which I think explains the current frustration.

I didn’t expect us to get going until the second quarter even with the original management in place; we now simply have to ride out the rest of the quarter until the new manager can assess the squad properly and make the required changes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Let's be clear it wasn't a tiffoney banger. It was a keeper mistake.

He's still a wee dick

A bit of praise for having a shot from distance, getting it on target and it ending up a goal, regardless of goalkeeping howler, when we had 1 other meaningful attempt on goal up to that point is fair and is completely unrelated to the justifed assessment that he is a wee dick.

Was a bit concerned about the manager given the poor performance but on reflection that's harsh.

He's come into a club where the coaches and everything left, has to learn about the club, the players, the opposition and recruit an assistant. The changes made a difference so although we were poor I think at this stage I'd take a draw.

Scully, Kilday, Iredale, McKeown and McHugh can't have any complaints about being dropped. All poor individual performances.

Partick and Dundee United are only ‘struggling’ by their fanbase’s gormless expectations. They’re perfectly competent Championship sides as the table and their results clearly show. If we had failed against dung like Falkirk and Alloa then you’d have a valid point; but we didn’t, so you don’t.

To have nine points and sit 5th after a turbulent start to the season and a lorryload of new players is okay. Not outstanding, but not poor either. After the Ross County it looked like we were finding our best team - that has been set back by King Snake’s treachery, which I think explains the current frustration.

I didn’t expect us to get going until the second quarter even with the original management in place; we now simply have to ride out the rest of the quarter until the new manager can assess the squad properly and make the required changes.

Good post.

Scully, Kilday, Iredale, McKeown and McHugh can't have any complaints about being dropped. All poor individual performances.

McLean as well. Really poor.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If Tidser played any deeper in that match he'd need a snorkel.

New manager or not, JJ needs to learn quickly what our players strengths are. Games like today should speed that process up.

My worry is that he's married to that formation despite not having the players for it and we will have to suffer watching that shambles every week.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

That was pretty dire; yet, we probably could’ve won it at the end somehow.

The new manager has his work cut out to get us back playing football again. Barely a spell of play today that was actually entertaining.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Archived