Drums At Football Games - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Drums At Football Games

K K Kelbie

The use of the drum seems to be getting worse every time tbh. If another club's fans had a drum that wasn't played once until the moment they scored in the second half then only played again the next time they scored then we'd be slagging them for their diddyness.

I've grown on the use of the drum but for me it needs to be used to create an atmosphere during the game when things are quiet, not for 30 seconds every time we score a goal.

It almost feels like the drum player is falling in to his shell and is too worried what people think about the drum and is trying to please everyone so is using it less and less, but he just needs to get on with it and forget what everyone thinks because the atmosphere at games so far  this season has been really bad and the drum and singing at least brings some life to the proceedings.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely fact.

It's grown on me a bit but it'd really have to accompany constant singing throughout the game and aside from the whole shed being blootered that ain't going to happen. I still think the boys should be given a chance, though.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

The use of the drum seems to be getting worse every time tbh. If another club's fans had a drum that wasn't played once until the moment they scored in the second half then only played again the next time they scored then we'd be slagging them for their diddyness.

I've grown on the use of the drum but for me it needs to be used to create an atmosphere during the game when things are quiet, not for 30 seconds every time we score a goal.

It almost feels like the drum player is falling in to his shell and is too worried what people think about the drum and is trying to please everyone so is using it less and less, but he just needs to get on with it and forget what everyone thinks because the atmosphere at games so far this season has been really bad and the drum and singing at least brings some life to the proceedings.

Nail. Head.

It almost feels like the drum player is falling in to his shell and is too worried what people think about the drum and is trying to please everyone so is using it less and less, but he just needs to get on with it and forget what everyone thinks because the atmosphere at games so far this season has been really bad and the drum and singing at least brings some life to the proceedings.

Agree with the majority of this to be fair and we’ve talked about it because obviously the point is to bring atmosphere to Cappielow and 20 seconds of singing after a goal isn’t what we were after, but sometimes when you go to start a song out of the blue you don’t get many joining in. Agree with your point though, something we need to fix.

Have to say I am liking the drum and will join in with clapping and singing. Although like Port-Ton says we could be doing with more of it than just after we score. Also might be good if we have more traditional Morton songs, some of the ones I've heard seem to be new and this might be why a lot of people won't know the words to sing along.

Still though, keep it up :)

Yeah Port Ton is spot on.  Imagine we didn't score, would be a complete waste of time taking it to the game.

I was against the drum initially but at the Thistle game it actually sounded pretty good when it was used more often, especially in the second half when we were all over them and fitted in well with the encouragement we were giving the players!

Sat was difficult because there wasn't that many clear cut chances( for either team) to get the fans going and County had about 30 fans with them but  overall it would be good to hear it used more often moving forward, especially when we are chasing an equaliser or winner!

Yeah Port Ton is spot on. Imagine we didn't score, would be a complete waste of time taking it to the game.

I was against the drum initially but at the Thistle game it actually sounded pretty good when it was used more often, especially in the second half when we were all over them and fitted in well with the encouragement we were giving the players!

Sat was difficult because there wasn't that many clear cut chances( for either team) to get the fans going and County had about 30 fans with them but overall it would be good to hear it used more often moving forward, especially when we are chasing an equaliser or winner!

Why don't you bring your own drum then 'madton'?

If people want to sing, presumably the best way to make that happen would to just, y'know, sing. Strange that grown adults might not be able to join in with a song because there isn't a drum.

Except whenever you sing the average Morton fan doesn't join in. People use Cappielow as a chance to chat to pals. I have been to plenty of different stadiums as I go around them with pals who support other clubs and ours is the only one that you could chat for 105 minutws without raising your voice.

Except whenever you sing the average Morton fan doesn't join in. People use Cappielow as a chance to chat to pals. I have been to plenty of different stadiums as I go around them with pals who support other clubs and ours is the only one that you could chat for 105 minutws without raising your voice.

Would disagree on that point.

If a well known Morton song starts ( you are my Morton, Hello Hello, Just one Cornetto etc), you get people joining in from all over the shed, it happened on Sat after we scored.

Some people do start the odd song that they probably invented on an away bus trip with their mates meaning most don't know the words so it's no surprise they quickly die a death.

Would disagree on that point.

If a well known Morton song starts ( you are my Morton, Hello Hello, Just one Cornetto etc), you get people joining in from all over the shed, it happened on Sat after we scored.

Some people do start the odd song that they probably invented on an away bus trip with their mates meaning most don't know the words so it's no surprise they quickly die a death.

Of the 90 minutes of football there was about a combined 2 mins of singing. After the whistle the place was loud.

^^^ lapsed Old Firm fan.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived