Drums At Football Games - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Drums At Football Games

K K Kelbie

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are always going to be a few who disapprove of a drum, but if it’s used correctly then I don’t see any problem here.

Fair play to the young lads, hope it works out and enhances the atmosphere.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, I’ve not heard it in action yet due to being on holiday and working. But for me drums do nothing to enhance the atmosphere, they just get in the way of a good sing song.

I have never posted here before but I have to say, I love the drum. Well done to you lads. Also been to the two League Cup games with people who don't ever really go to the football and someone who goes to Parkhead - they all really enjoyed it and thought it made a marked difference to the usual one verse fade out chanting.

Good luck to you all.

There are always going to be a few who disapprove of a drum, but if it’s used correctly then I don’t see any problem here.

Fair play to the young lads, hope it works out and enhances the atmosphere.

This. At thistle there was people clapping and chanting along who normally wouldn't bother.

We moan about Morton not doing enough to entice people, but the minute folk make an effort to try and improve the atmosphere and experience for like minded people, folk get ripped right into them.

This might encourage folk along.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Drum will be back for the game against Queen of the South, only took it to the Betfred Cup games to test it so now that we know it sounds alright we don’t think it should be taken to these home games as there’s a far lower attendance, meaning it’s an unfair test.

Earlier post about drums getting in the way of a right good sing·song, the problem we've had at Cappielow for years is no one sings most of the time, it's just tense silence as we wait with bated breath for the next screw up. Away games are a different matter, away fans sing,it's a given. Though I'm not a fan of drums if it involves or engages people it can't be a bad thing.

• 1 month later...

Was excited when the drum started on Saturday and then was very disappointed when it stopped. Despite the magnificent result, crowd was flat and only.people singing were in hospitality!

Whats the plans guys?

Was excited when the drum started on Saturday and then was very disappointed when it stopped. Despite the magnificent result, crowd was flat and only.people singing were in hospitality!

Whats the plans guys?

Did you try and start a song yourself?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Were there attempts to get songs going using the names of the goal scorers on Saturday? It sounded like it came from the middle of the group to the right of the steps in the shed. I wasn't sure if it was being accompanied by the drum or if the two were inadvertently in competition.

If the drumming and singing are coordinated it could work well enough, but no solos.

Archived