Championship 2018-19 Thread - Page 91 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2018-19 Thread

It used to be the case that goal kicks had to be taken from the side where the ball went out, but that rule was dropped a long time ago.  Probably around the time keepers stopped having to bounce the ball every 4 steps.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From next season we will no longer be watching games at Firhill from that pigeon-shite encrusted dump of a main stand, as their desperate cost-slashing measures continue:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/stadium-set-up-for-2019-20-season/

As a result, for the 2019/20 Ladbrokes Championship Season, the away support will be located in Sections 8 and 9 of the Jackie Husband Stand. As part of this move, section 7 will be used as a sterile segregation zone. The sterile zone in front of the accessible viewing platform will also be maintained.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They clearly dont clean it, they will still need stewards/police for segregation, prob more than now and still need turnstile operators and caterers etc for away fans! I'm struggling to work out where the 20k cost saving comes from...

Delighted though, that stand is worse than ours!

They clearly dont clean it, they will still need stewards/police for segregation, prob more than now and still need turnstile operators and caterers etc for away fans! I'm struggling to work out where the 20k cost saving comes from...

Delighted though, that stand is worse than ours!

A lot of it will be compliance and safety certificate costs.

EOho8Pw.png

A lot of it will be compliance and safety certificate costs.

Speaking of safety and compliance, i see Salty has crawled back out from under the rockports to run some shan facebook group self acclaimed 'for morton fans only' yet only lets certain people join.

The same loser that said he was now a supporter of the juniors after being rightly marched from cappielow for cobbling together some kind of safety certificate and passing it off as legit. The only thing Hawke got right was bagging that clipboard, primark suit wearing freak.

Lets all laugh

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Speaking of safety and compliance, i see Salty has crawled back out from under the rockports to run some shan facebook group self acclaimed 'for morton fans only' yet only lets certain people join.

The same loser that said he was now a supporter of the juniors after being rightly marched from cappielow for cobbling together some kind of safety certificate and passing it off as legit. The only thing Hawke got right was bagging that clipboard, primark suit wearing freak.

Lets all laugh

Fact of the day.... Salty is still the top poster on here based on number of posts.

Goodwin interviewed by Dundee. I hope they take him - should give us a bit of a safety net assuming Alloa struggle without him.

Safety net should be there regardless. We finished 7 points clear of them with one of our worst managers in our history so I'd like to think Hoppy with have us comfortably better off next season.

With part time Arbroath and Alloa, relegation shouldn't be a consideration even with our reduced budget!

Goodwin interviewed by Dundee. I hope they take him - should give us a bit of a safety net assuming Alloa struggle without him.

Not necessarily if they get a decent boss in, and the job should be attractive based on how much of a springboard that job has proved for the last few people to hold it.

Despite the fanfare Goodwin is getting, gamble from Dundee if they go for him. Alloa fans like him but they are quick to admit that he is largely dining out on the work Jack Ross did. It's largely still Ross' team. Goodwin just went for a continuity approach, with good man management and a couple of decent loans on top.

Nothing to say he is right for a rebuild job like Dundee need or that he can live with the pressure when things aren't going well.

Pretty happy for them to be taking that sort of gamble.

An experienced head above him might help although, not sure Gordon Strachan is that person.

Dundee getting called out on their approach to Robertson:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-3

Sounds familiar albeit without the manager in question being a snake this time and complicit himself.

We seem to have started a trend of not just accepting illegal approaches as 'normal'.

I hope ICT make a formal complaint about this, it really can't go on.

EOho8Pw.png

Lets all laugh

Salty is fine! The cheap suit is fine! The Clipboard is fine.

The Rockports are fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Archived