The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

O’Ware’s defensive record speaks for itself, despite his drop in goals. He needs to work on his distribution, but if he is interesting other clubs then this should be no surprise.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect O'Ware to have offers from elsewhere based on his goals return alone. He has probably earned the chance to perform at a higher level though I'd be sceptical of his chances of success tbh.

Given that we have the club captain, a better central defender and less of a Stuart McCluskey type blame deflector returning to fitness in the same position, it would take care of an awkward situation for us as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Taking a few weeks to decide your future in the middle of April is hardly significant news at all though. If Mino Raiola is spotted slithering around Sinclair Street on his behalf then we'll know that he's off.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'd expect O'Ware to have offers from elsewhere based on his goals return alone. He has probably earned the chance to perform at a higher level though I'd be sceptical of his chances of success tbh.

Given that we have the club captain, a better central defender and less of a Stuart McCluskey type blame deflector returning to fitness in the same position, it would take care of an awkward situation for us as well.

Behave

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Nice try, but your original claim was that the club held resources back at the beginning of the campaign - it didn't. A squad retaining a settled core of Gaston, Lamie, Murdoch, Tidser and Oliver with several first team signings made in May and June was more than enough to do the routine task given - getting out of a League Cup group and starting the season strongly. Particularly given that most other clubs had a larger squad turnover and were nowhere near finished building their squads. Nobody claimed that the squad on July 15 was equipped to win a title except yourself. St Mirren's squad wasn't ready either though, so your 'point' has been safely filed in the bin where it belongs.

Nae bother Doctor. Enjoy groundhog season next year. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I agree. Read his post back. He's suggesting Kilday is better.

I see Kilday was missing from the Airdrie squad at the weekend. Injury setback?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I agree. Read his post back. He's suggesting Kilday is better.

Kilday is a better defender; no amount of goals from O'Ware at the other end of the pitch changes that, nor the fact that O'Ware has been positionally suspect quite often this season. O'Ware needs an experienced player like Sir Gavin to avoid that issue coming up; Lamie and Kilday can do the job without him quite comfortably.

Needless to say that any objection you make will be compared to your laughable claim last summer that Darren Barr would be a better central defender than Kilday, and filed immediately in the bin alongside that shan judgement.

Nae bother Doctor. Enjoy groundhog season next year.

So you've got nothing left to support your gormless argument then. Better luck next time champ.

Kilday is a better defender; no amount of goals from O'Ware at the other end of the pitch changes that, nor the fact that O'Ware has been positionally suspect quite often this season.

I think you forget just how prone to lapses in concentration Kilday was. He went through a horrendous spell where he was making a mistake every other game. O'Ware is the better defender for me too.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I reckon VT might be in a pretty tiny minority if he thinks that Kilday is better than O'Ware. Kilday is definitely a good defender, but he's not better than Tam.

We'll do very well to replace Tam if he leaves this summer.

I think he's got a good point about Tam needing someone experienced next to him though.

O'Ware is prone to mistakes, poor distribution and the blaming of others when there's not someone next to him to keep him right so, as good as he can be, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he left.

I actually think one of our downfalls is distribution from the back. They are too slow to get it to more creative players in midfield and are happier going long. There's even times when they're reluctant to play it to full backs to spread the play a bit so even although some of this is instructions from Duffy, I think it's mainly because they aren't good enough on the ball.

Kilday is a better defender; no amount of goals from O'Ware at the other end of the pitch changes that, nor the fact that O'Ware has been positionally suspect quite often this season. O'Ware needs an experienced player like Sir Gavin to avoid that issue coming up; Lamie and Kilday can do the job without him quite comfortably.

Needless to say that any objection you make will be compared to your laughable claim last summer that Darren Barr would be a better central defender than Kilday, and filed immediately in the bin alongside that shan judgement.

And we established soon after that this was indeed incorrect. 

However, that doesn't make your laughable claim correct. It's evident for all to see that TOW is a much better defender than Kilday.

Also, TOW has vastly improved in a time where Kilday has spent large parts of the season on the injury list, so it's not even much of a fair comparison in any case. 

Swing and miss, champ. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I think you forget just how prone to lapses in concentration Kilday was. He went through a horrendous spell where he was making a mistake every other game. O'Ware is the better defender for me too.

Kilday's struggle to regain his previous form after injury and being kept out by Gunning was concerning, but he seems to have been tarnished in the opinions of many by that short spell and his ability seems to have gradually decreased in people's views the longer he has been out (much in a similar way as to how Jon Scullion's ability was constantly increasing until he was being regarded as the Scottish Messi the longer Duffy did't play him.)

Kilday was performing fantastically before that, many believed was our best defender during that spell and is the only one of him, Lamie and O'Ware that has had an actual offer from a higher level (which he rejected to stay).

It remains to be seen what he will be like when he returns but there's no doubting he can be a quality defender at this level of if he does get back to his best.

O'Ware's bomb scare moments have been pretty visible this season and even Lamie had a spell earlier in the year where he was dishing out a bombscare moment per game but that passed largely without comment.

Kilday did indeed go through a spell like that last season; just as O'Ware did this season. O'Ware is every bit as error prone as Kilday, but gets away without nearly as much criticism due to his attacking prowess and length of service.

It's entirely possible that Kilday has deteriorated as a player with the amount of time he's spent injured, but if he can recover his 15/16 form then he's a better defender. O'Ware is absolutely a solid Championship centre back but people think he's a better defender than he is because of his attacking contribution, which obviously has nothing to do with defending.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived