The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

You took what an idiot posted on P&B at face value - ran with it - and posted it on here?

In terms of looking for bites - looks like he caught a ****ing big one.

It’s on their forum as well. Just posting for info, no need to get your knickers in a twist :lol:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tripped on the step leading into the ladies toilet. What he was doing going into the ladies toilet is anyone’s guess.

Tripped why? Broken tiles?

My point remains: Inside of Cappielow is a bit of a mess and a general embarrassment when guests come to visit our lounges etc. 

It wouldnt take much to keep on top of small things. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Tripped why? Broken tiles?

My point remains: Inside of Cappielow is a bit of a mess and a general embarrassment when guests come to visit our lounges etc. 

It wouldnt take much to keep on top of small things. 

Nothing like that, no. He simply didn't see the step into the ladies toilet.

From twitter:

Taking our lead from Everton, tell us your club and what rating you would give your manager out of ten for his performance this season?

Rating scale

0 - he doesn't have a clue what he's doing and my gran could do better.

Up to....

10 - he's a genius and I think I love him.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Squad assembly - 4. We had a decent spine of a squad at the start of the season, with solid defensive options and what looked like good depth up front. That been said, the squad was lopsided without any depth in midfield, had no natural width, and the squad appeared to be geared towards a 4-3-3 that proved ineffectual. It took far too long to address our lack of width. 

Player development - 6. One of Duffy's redeeming features throughout his entire tenure at Morton. Harkins looks completely different from the player who was relegated with Ayr. The development in the likes of Lamie, Murdoch and Oliver has been solid. For all I don't think he's going to be of a required standard, the amount of first team experience Tiffoney has been given can only benefit him. 

Tactics and game management - 3. Even at this stage in the season, we're still not using our strongest system or starting XI. Duffy started with 4-3-3 and persisted with it for too long, finally managed to find an effective system (a variation of last fucking season's), then tinked with it and we slumped. In terms of individual game management, Duffy leaves things far too late for my liking. I don't think it could be disputed that a different manager could have gotten a higher points tally with this season's squad. 

Overall - 4. A poor season for Duffy and the squad. A poor start and another end of season collapse do not bode well when considered along with last season's collapse and subsequent gubbing in the play-off. A potentially capable squad left two or three signings away from being up to speed, tactical inconsistency and another collapse should be enough evidence that Duffy has taken us as far as he can. A respectable and commendable coach with glaring tactical weaknesses and an inability to secure results in the last quarter of the season.

Time to go. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Overall - 4. A poor season for Duffy and the squad. A poor start and another end of season collapse do not bode well when considered along with last season's collapse and subsequent gubbing in the play-off. A potentially capable squad left two or three signings away from being up to speed, tactical inconsistency and another collapse should be enough evidence that Duffy has taken us as far as he can. A respectable and commendable coach with glaring tactical weaknesses and an inability to secure results in the last quarter of the season.

Time to go. 

The odd thing is that every quarter has produced near identical points totals. Four points from the last two games will give us quarterly points of 14 - 13 - 14 and 13. 

If the Raes are still here come August, so will Duffy.  :thumbdown:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

linwoodton, any more on changes at cappielow?or just rumour.thanks

It was just a rumour I heard from a Rangers fan Steve. No idea if there's any truth in it or not. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

2... and I think I'm being a bit generous, not capatilizing on the play off position from last season. Taking a half decent squad of players and not playing them in their best most productive positions, all the different set ups 442 433 352 whatever he tried, there was never any balance to them, when good players who were playing well, get stuck on the bench and guys who are/were not having a good run of form starting, putting that Cellic cup tie ahead of the Livingston league game in February was a sign for me he did not have a clue what he was doing, again for me, he cannot defend his choice or style that night, talking up the opposition while talking down our chances and not showing any ambition that us fans could think Yes we can do this or we going to give them a game but when we playing Brechin and he got the Morton players thinking that the opposition are better than us and we should be showing them a bit more respect, for not going into games when we should be dry riding these guys off the park... Lacking ambition, being the Rae's and Hawkes wee lap dog whilst holding down the safest job in Scotland.

That Grey suit oooofffft

The odd thing is that every quarter has produced near identical points totals. Four points from the last two games will give us quarterly points of 14 - 13 - 14 and 13. 

I was counting the League Cup as part of our poor start, but I never thought our point haul over the quarters was anywhere near that consistent.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Four points?

A very big ask

Archived