Tickets For Next Weeks Game - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tickets For Next Weeks Game

While Ton in Shawlands looks a bit silly for this post when the tickets are on sale, there's been 1 article, a month ago, talking about the tickets being available.

Most clubs would have had at least one 'tickets still available' post since then to continue to encourage fans to purchase them. Then again, most clubs would have had them on sale at the ground when their customer base was present at the 2 home games since tickets went on sale.

Went into Smiths and bought tickets today. Absolutely no signage advertising the fact they are selling the tickets, along with absolutely no Morton merchandise in the shop window displays. Morton's commercial department really need to start asking some serious questions of Smiths. 

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Went into Smiths and bought tickets today. Absolutely no signage advertising the fact they are selling the tickets, along with absolutely no Morton merchandise in the shop window displays. Morton's commercial department really need to start asking some serious questions of Smiths.

Last time I was in all of our stock was shunted to the back of the shop.

Bin them

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Bin them

Smiths need binned, I agree, but we can't surely advocate taking it in house and entrusting Morton to set up another cash taking/card swiping operation?

Bin them

Tbf I was in earlier this month and it had all been brought to near enough the tills but wasn’t laid out very well. It’s poor that there has been no other updates about tickets since the first post about it.

The research I did for my dissertation a few months ago gathered some really negative feedback about Smiths, both in regard to the physical shop and online purchasing, which had all been passed on to the club. There were limitations to changes as ultimately it’s up to Smiths where our merchandise goes due to the number of sales received by Morton products.

Having our own club shop would be the ideal scenario but realistically it would be far too expensive to run our own in the town centre and there’d be barely any footfall if there was a shop within Cappielow apart from on match days.

The last bit of info I got was that the club are now well aware of the negative comments and wanted to arrange with Smiths for it to be changed. Not sure if it’ll get any better than where it is just now (or was at the start of October).

Really? I was in on Saturday and they had a window display with both strips and scarves. The morton merchandise was also on the right hand side as you walk in. Loads of home, away and gk strips. Tje new training gear is also there (which is pretty average imo) and there was a decent selection of keyrings, pin badges, scarves hats etc. Thought it was the best display and stock for a long time.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Really? I was in on Saturday and they had a window display with both strips and scarves. The morton merchandise was also on the right hand side as you walk in. Loads of home, away and gk strips. Tje new training gear is also there (which is pretty average imo) and there was a decent selection of keyrings, pin badges, scarves hats etc. Thought it was the best display and stock for a long time.

The thing is, 90% of the merchandise is shite, I certainly wouldn’t buy most of it.

Probably because they've just taken a delivery of new stock, but for the most part we're shunted to the back. 

How hard would it be to get some relevant merch?

Beach towels would be a start. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Morton should bin Smith's and take out floor space in the Ardgowan Hospice shops with a percentage of sales going to the charity. Run an online stock system from one of the shops and deposit a member of staff to run the mailing and assist the volunteers with the rest of the shop. The shops get additional footfall and we can hold up our virtuous community club looking after its own principles set by the rest of the community work.

Archived