"beith" Vs Greenock Morton - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"beith" Vs Greenock Morton

TRVMP

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense.

Tonight it will go down to -2, but it won't go below zero again before the game. Will be 4C tomorrow, 2C tomorrow night, and 6C by kick-off. Plenty of time to thaw out.

Forecast I'm looking at has it at 0c tomorrow evening. If it's frozen tomorrow afternoon, what's the chances of it thawing sufficiently between then and the match with temperatures at around 1-3c through the night and limited sunlight on the pitch in the morning at 4-5c?

If there's an inspection tomorrow I assume if he's got half a braincell he'll also take the forecast for the next 24 hours into account.

Why does he have to make the decision tomorrow anyway? Has this been confirmed by the SFA or is it heresay? No reason why he can't make the decision at 10 o'clock on Saturday morning by which time the pitch will be perfectly playable, and if for any reason it isn't it can be postponed before the vast majority of fans have left.

You will never guess who the referee is for this one....John McKendrick

Hopefully if there is any hammer throwing then they are chucked in that clowns direction.

I mind speaking to John McKendrick's dad in Dunfermline on the first of our 2 visits there 2 years ago. It was on the way out of the ground and he was asking if we would give him a break since we'd won the game. "No mate, tell him from us he's still an arsehole". 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I drove through Kilbirnie at 1730 and it was already -1 compared to Largs which was 5 degrees 15 mins earlier. The cavemen have their own microclimate.

I wasn't lying mate.  :)

There's been about a 4 or 5 degree difference in temperature between the Beith/Johnstone area and Inverclyde all this week, it's barely got above zero up here. Been at -5 every night this week. Saturdays forecast does look good but the damage will have already been done by then.

I had to scrape the car windscreen three times during the day yesterday. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Just been speaking to a mate of mine who lets just say is in the know & he has said word is that game is a major doubt, with a pitch inspection planned for tomorrow. Game will be rearranged for next Sat. if its cancelled tomorrow.

if its called off on saturday then one wonders when will they ever play as long term forecast for next 3 months is terrible and esp for December.  Due to no floodlights and with it getting even darker day by day then could be an even earlier kick off.

Having Scottish cup early Dec is asking for trouble as you only have to remember the heroics of all the players that had to endure the freezing snow blizzard conditions at Turriff on a already poor pitch (as i think that was early Dec). The SFA never learn though as they probably do not go to these places.

if its called off on saturday then one wonders when will they ever play as long term forecast for next 3 months is terrible and esp for December.  

Impossible to predict the weather 3 months in advance, long-range weather forecasts are notoriously inaccurate.

Reference this article from a year ago which predicted that last winter would be the coldest in 50 years, when in fact it was one of the mildest on record.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/604619/Long-range-weather-forecast-Britain-cold-winter-2015-arctic-snow-freeze

Impossible to predict the weather 3 months in advance, long-range weather forecasts are notoriously inaccurate.

Reference this article from a year ago which predicted that last winter would be the coldest in 50 years, when in fact it was one of the mildest on record.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/604619/Long-range-weather-forecast-Britain-cold-winter-2015-arctic-snow-freeze

That's The Daily Express though, they run that story every week.

Never heard of them but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and they've done that convincingly.

I'd like to think Duffy will approach this in the right manner, Beith are unbeaten in the league and have a recent comfortable win over champions Auchinleck to their name. 

Looking forward to Tidser starting the game along with one or two from the development squad.

Will you be attending the game, or are you looking forward to someone starting in a game you have no intention of watching?

*insert signature here*

Archived