"beith" Vs Greenock Morton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"beith" Vs Greenock Morton

TRVMP

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather looks like it has been even colder in Beith than it is in Irvine/Kilwinning, and the ground has been frozen solid here. I guess it depends if the covers have helped at all. The forecast suggests that our won't quite warm up enough in time for Saturday.

Just been speaking to a mate of mine who lets just say is in the know & he has said word is that game is a major doubt, with a pitch inspection planned for tomorrow. Game will be rearranged for next Sat. if its cancelled tomorrow.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

And so the backlog begins.

Yep. Was inevitable but it's maddening that it's because of a set of fucking hayseeds who can't put up floodlights because electricity is the Devil's work.

Juniors shouldn't be involved in the Scottish Cup, they have their kid-on jake tournaments and should be left to those.

EOho8Pw.png

We don't really have a small squad though: the likes of Tidser, Pepper and Bonucci are struggling to get a game at the moment. Apart from Quitongo (though clearly a key position) we've actually got credible and fit cover for every position in the side.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We don't really have a small squad though: the likes of Tidser, Pepper and Bonucci are struggling to get a game at the moment. Apart from Quitongo (though clearly a key position) we've actually got credible and fit cover for every position in the side.

I agree to an extent but I was including Hibs and Utd as they're still within reach.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

A Beith fan on P&B - "This is not official this game will not be going a head on Saturday the match ref will call it off tomorrow afternoon The ground is frozen solid in the majority of the parkwith no chance of thawing out I am not long back from the ground so know what is going on"

On Friday night it will barely go below zero and it will be 6C by kick-off. Game is in no danger.

That dosen't matter. Referee is doing a pitch inspection tomorrow, will call it then.

If there's an inspection tomorrow I assume if he's got half a braincell he'll also take the forecast for the next 24 hours into account.

Why does he have to make the decision tomorrow anyway? Has this been confirmed by the SFA or is it heresay? No reason why he can't make the decision at 10 o'clock on Saturday morning by which time the pitch will be perfectly playable, and if for any reason it isn't it can be postponed before the vast majority of fans have left.

Surely if the forecast for Saturday was 4 or 5 then would it not be better to wait until 10 am -11 am on Saturday for an inspection. Greenock is not a million miles from Beith and still very much a do-able journey from 11 am.

Let's get it right 1st time in League 1.No excuses.

Archived