Hibs Vs Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hibs Vs Morton

TheGoon

Hibs have rested the majority of their first team against Alloa today so will likely be a full strength team we're up against on Wednesday. We've been unlucky in the past two meetings but with them in good form at the minute I don't really see us standing any chance.

Was planning on travelling through but yesterday's performance sucked the enthusiasm out me a bit, think a few others are the same.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have gone if it had been a Saturday, but don't fancy this one midweek.  That probably means we will win.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35628584

Hearts are tracking the progress of Greenock Morton left-back Mark Russell, but a fee of around £100,000 would be required to secure the 19-year-old who has a year of his contract left to run with the Scottish Championship club. (Daily Express, print edition)

Russell is a good player, but I don't seem him as being an outstanding player at Championship level.  No chance Hearts would pay £100k for him..

Russell is a good player, but I don't seem him as being an outstanding player at Championship level.  No chance Hearts would pay £100k for him..

Not yet but even from the start of the season I've seen a drastic improvement, not just on his playing side but also physically. I've no doubts he can establish himself at a much higher level eventually.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

They've more than likely plucked that figure out of thin air.

Someone on here or P&B probably said recently that we shouldn't sell him for less than 6 figures. Someone, somewhere along the line mostly likely plucked the figure out of thin air. 

I think Russell is one of the outstanding young players at this level. Whether that potential is worth £100k will be up to other clubs, but good young left-backs are hard to come by. If anyone was watching his recent performances against Hibs and Rangers it would be difficult not to think that he's a stand-out for a 19 year old left back at this level. 

He is raw and his signing will be a huge gamble, but if Hearts have £100k (or whatever) to burn it is a gamble that has potential to pay off in spades. He could fail to progress, or he could establish himself at a higher level. I think he'll eventually be good for the top flight.

I would hope that if we do sell him we get a sell-on percentage, just in case.

EOho8Pw.png

Just for a laugh dougie should hold out for a multi million pound deal from china.

In reality though if hearts are looking at him lets hope they don't try and pinch him on the cheap and we don't rush to take the first offer made for him.

Yeah, I doubt it'll be this summer but whenever we inevitably do get offers for him we should be really fighting hard to get the best value we can in the deal, and as Nacho says in this case that means insisting on a good sell-on clause as well as getting a good deal in money up front.

If a six figure offer does come in though, I've no doubt Rae will contrive to haggle it downwards to 20K with us paying him a £30K signing-off fee.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Russell is a good player, but I don't seem him as being an outstanding player at Championship level. No chance Hearts would pay £100k for him..

£100k is loose change for a club that pocketed £1.5 million from the sale of one player less than a month ago. Thanks for playing anyway champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived