Why Was Anyone Applauding At The End? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why Was Anyone Applauding At The End?

I'm not really sure why the team got applauded at the end?

Apart from if it was a cheerio to Fred.

But can anyone give another reason for clapping them?

This pathetic bunch of players and management have gone from top of the league to eighth, failed to beat St Mirren twice, embarrassed themselves against Motherwell and once again failed to at least get to the semi of the Challenge Cup.

I'm glad it's finished.

Let's rock !

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, couldn't believe people applauded that mob off. They didn't deserve praise for the game today and they certainly didn't deserve it for their efforts over the season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

First gam ive managed to make in a while and standard was terrible. Only clapped for fred but im glad most of them are out of contract as they are not good enough. Some of the comments from so called fans were ridiculous and cringeworthy. Will be an interesting summer.

It was a horrible season. In 2 years in charge Moore has taken us 7th and 8th. We've gone backwards, crowds have gone down, if he stays next season maybe we'll go down too.

Can't be arsed with Morton any more. Today was the first time I've to a game for a while and only because of the amount of effort port-ton put in to try and make it interesting. He did his bit, the fans did their bit; the players ****ing didn't. It's a shambles and Dougie has a brass neck to call for more people to shell out for that rubbish. The day the club, players and management match the effort of the supporters will be the day the crowds slowly make their way back but I don't see it being any time soon.

The club needs stripped to the bones and start afresh with a new approach, there's no reason we should be making losses to cover the costs of that entirely useless set of players and management team.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

bit of a half hearted applause it was. Combe came over and applauded the fans and he was applaude in return then wee fred came over and was applauded. Then we left.

Half hearted as the players effort had been.

Spoke to 3 diff people on way out who said they will not renew season tickets and will pick and choose games.

I am thinking about it. If our squad is made up of jobbing pros just picking up a wage and or not good enough i will not be renewing.

If we are to genuinely mix it up with young players from our own set up who are wanting to progress then i would be more interested.

Young frizzell looked to get on the ball and showed confidence and hawke scored a good goal.

Tidser, smyth, macdonald, campbell, evans, young and weatherson were not good enough today and to be honest, i genuinely dont care if any of them leave, Tidser included

i hope we do sign Mark McLaughlin as he is a proper pro and a proper leader. He and combe are the sorts of influences we need in a dressing, not a "character" like di giacomo.

Btw, what exactly was the point in him coming on today? Could have given young frizzell a more worthwhile run out. Even martin orr, who is a full back. 3 down half an hour to go, season over, surely its "on you go boys, enjoy yourselves and show us what you can do." Nope. Di giacomo to go on and donner about for a while.

Formation and player selection today, moore, talk us through them.

Not a clue.

Surprised at your criticism of Tidser - he was one of the few who kept the ball and showed a bit of composure. At one point he had to keep it for what seemed an eternity as no-one made a run for it, before he got crowded out. He is a must keep for me. Combe, Fred, Tidser and MacDonald are the only ones I'd particularly like to stay.

Surprised at your criticism of Tidser - he was one of the few who kept the ball and showed a bit of composure. At one point he had to keep it for what seemed an eternity as no-one made a run for it, before he got crowded out. He is a must keep for me. Combe, Fred, Tidser and MacDonald are the only ones I'd particularly like to stay.

MacDonald can gtf, lazy player who falls like a **** at the slightest touch and goes in a huff when the ref quite rightly says 'no'. Thank feck this seasons over, feel sorry for those who suffered the last quarter of the season, 6-0 pumping at motherwell ended my support for the season. Time to go Moore!

well chris, i have been reliably informed he doesnt particularly want to be here. Genuinely if someone gives us money for him then not that bothered if he goes. Good player he is, but not sure if he is too bothered about playing for us next year.

I'm not really sure why the team got applauded at the end?

Apart from if it was a cheerio to Fred.

But can anyone give another reason for clapping them?

This pathetic bunch of players and management have gone from top of the league to eighth, failed to beat St Mirren twice, embarrassed themselves against Motherwell and once again failed to at least get to the semi of the Challenge Cup.

I'm glad it's finished.

Yeah, couldn't believe people applauded that mob off. They didn't deserve praise for the game today and they certainly didn't deserve it for their efforts over the season.

3rd goal easy, pub time, well it's better than watching a pub team !

I agree with everything Chris, although I would keep O'Brien and Evans as well. On today's performance Bacharou looked awful though; the game just passed him by and he got forced off the ball far too easily. Anyone seeing him for the first time will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

The two youth players who came on looked as if they had a better awareness about the park than the rest of the team. Lewis Hawke looks as if he can be a bit special if he can build his strength up and Alan Frizzel wasn't frightened to get in among it. He broke up play more in the time that he played than some of the senior players. The wee bit where it took three of their players about six or seven passes to get by him was quite embarrassing for him as he had no help from his team mates. If someone had stepped in he would have forced possession back to Morton. Although the Raith fans were cheering, I thought that it was good pressure on the ball from the youngster.

A good clear out is needed and hope that the young players progress well.

Bye the way, McDonald won back possession more than any other Morton player on the park. To be honest, some of these posts show a bit of ignorance about the game; no wonder he wants to leave.

well chris, i have been reliably informed he doesnt particularly want to be here. Genuinely if someone gives us money for him then not that bothered if he goes. Good player he is, but not sure if he is too bothered about playing for us next year.

Haven't heard that - a shame if that's the case. God knows what our team will look like at the beginning of the season (for better or worse)!

Haven't heard that - a shame if that's the case. God knows what our team will look like at the beginning of the season (for better or worse)!

We were saying that during the game. Most fans look forward to the new season thinking that their players can go on and improve. For the last few seasons we Morton supporters approach the new term thinking about what are we going to have to put up with this time. When are we going to have a full season to get excited about?

As someone who criticised McDonald earlier this season, I thought he was our hardest working player today. Showed a bit of quality aswell. No way should he be singled out.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Abject display today although with one or two decent passing moves at times. McGurn had some good saves but our shooting is terrible. We didn't press them and we seemed reluctant to tackle. Basically the team took the French theme too far as they played like the French Army - surrendered without putting up a fight.

Good goal from Hawke. Fred battled hard and showed some nice close control but as usual most of those round him were mince. Terrible defending and why did nobody try to tackle their player at the first goal?

Back to the drawing board for next season. Fred would be mad to stay if that's the level we're going to achieve, or rather underachieve.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Reading a few posts re today's game.

I thought tidser was terrible. Looked as if he didn't give a **** and was looking forward to his holidays. Right now I would not be bothered if he left. Wee Fred was our best player again today. He didn't stop running and hassling raith and rarely gave the ball away. McDonald was his usual self, nice flick ons, trying to hold the ball up but no one to support him. It does piss me off when he backs into opponents and tries to win a foul. Sometimes it's too obvious. Really annoyed that Moore didn't give some of the youth team a longer run out today. Young Orr got 5 minutes and the hawke got 15? If you can't give them a game in an meaningless end of season game then when can you? Another reason for him to **** off.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Reading a few posts re today's game.

I thought tidser was terrible. Looked as if he didn't give a **** and was looking forward to his holidays. Right now I would not be bothered if he left. Wee Fred was our best player again today. He didn't stop running and hassling raith and rarely gave the ball away. McDonald was his usual self, nice flick ons, trying to hold the ball up but no one to support him. It does piss me off when he backs into opponents and tries to win a foul. Sometimes it's too obvious. Really annoyed that Moore didn't give some of the youth team a longer run out today. Young Orr got 5 minutes and the hawke got 15? If you can't give them a game in an meaningless end of season game then when can you? Another reason for him to **** off.

Fred was poor today - his worst game for a while.

I thought the team had a cheek to hang about and applaud - who are they kidding ? A complete shambles of a performance at times against a very ordinary Raith.

Morton currently do not have a clue with DDFR having to take the blame. Runs the club like a corner sweetie shop running up a bigger annual deficit than any other team in our division. I so hoped Moore was the answer but this season has proved he is a complete waste of space in picking players, getting the best out of them and as for his tactics - dear oh dear.

A lot of effort and cost for me to get to Cappielow and while I cannot walk away from the club I have supported all my life unless things change dramatically I will be finding other things to do on a Saturday.

Archived