The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Duffy will find a goal scorer for next season. The amount of chances we squander in the box since no one fancies having a go is ridiculous. Compare that to St Mirren yesterday, who got 2 real clear chances and buried both of them. I think Oliver would thrive off of playing beside a goal scorer as well. A winger for both sides of midfield would be decent too.

It was just a rumour I heard from a Rangers fan Steve. No idea if there's any truth in it or not.

In every Hick Town in Caledonia,

Across this pseudo nation.

There is some of the most fucked up scum,

That was shat into creation.

Where a blue McEwan's Lager top equals no imagination.

You're Hunbelievable.

You think you're a success,

Your psyche is a mess.

Your economy is in distress.

*insert signature here*

Kilday being made club captain was IMO for some sort of confidence boost.

Even his own team mates joked about it at the time.

I accept you're not going to back down, but you're simply wrong - Oware is the better defender. Most agree.

Erm yes - so you think that Duffy made Kilday club captain solely to give him a confidence boost; yet despite that back of a fag packet reasoning at the time, Duffy has never taken it away from him despite Kilday being injured for the best part of eighteen months. It's a wonder that he didn't give it to jobbers like Luke Donnelly in that period instead for a similar 'confidence boost'. That opinion is as ridiculous as your one about Barr being a better defender than Kilday at the start of this season, and will be filed in the exact same bin.

Not quite sure what it is you have against Kilday tbh but the simple facts are that he is an excellent defender at this level and is club captain on merit; compare and contrast with his stand-in O'Ware blaming everyone else for his own mistakes on a weekly basis. Both are at least good options at this level though one is quite clearly superior; and not for the first time, the view of the majority of the fanbase on that comparison is simply wrong.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm yes - so you think that Duffy made Kilday club captain solely to give him a confidence boost; yet despite that back of a fag packet reasoning at the time, Duffy has never taken it away from him despite Kilday being injured for the best part of eighteen months. It's a wonder that he didn't give it to jobbers like Luke Donnelly in that period instead for a similar 'confidence boost'. That opinion is as ridiculous as your one about Barr being a better defender than Kilday at the start of this season, and will be filed in the exact same bin.

Not quite sure what it is you have against Kilday tbh but the simple facts are that he is an excellent defender at this level and is club captain on merit; compare and contrast with his stand-in O'Ware blaming everyone else for his own mistakes on a weekly basis. Both are at least good options at this level though one is quite clearly superior; and not for the first time, the view of the majority of the fanbase on that comparison is simply wrong.

Nothing against him whatsoever. I'm merely telling you that TOW is a better defender.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

20-a-season men are gold dust at this level.

The right hand column is first goalscorer, incidentally.

Gbpbetu.jpg

Maybe not 20 but even double figures. Not having a centre forward on over 7 goals for the season is god awful. Think how many more points we'd have.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Nothing against him whatsoever. I'm merely telling you that TOW is a better defender.

But you're wrong - just as you were when telling me that Darren Barr was a better defender than Kilday.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Maybe not 20 but even double figures. Not having a centre forward on over 7 goals for the season is god awful. Think how many more points we'd have.

That is poor. I was quite happy with our striking options at the start of the season but unfortunately the signings haven't worked out and Jai's injury was a huge blow.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

That is poor. I was quite happy with our striking options at the start of the season but unfortunately the signings haven't worked out and Jai's injury was a huge blow.

Gaston, O'Ware, Tidser, Murdoch and Harkins are the only players I'd really be bothered about keeping (Quitongo if he could ever manage to stay fit for more than a few months).  The rest can go, they are average and easily replaced...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Gaston, O'Ware, Tidser, Murdoch and Harkins are the only players I'd really be bothered about keeping (Quitongo if he could ever manage to stay fit for more than a few months). The rest can go, they are average and easily replaced...

Lamie? Oliver? Iredale? And possibly a few other younger players like Tiff, Strapp. Im sure you said you haven’t seen much or any of our games right enough.

Lamie? Oliver? Iredale? And possibly a few other younger players like Tiff, Strapp. Im sure you said you haven’t seen much or any of our games right enough.

Lamie, Could have him around as a squad player, but think what we need is a more experienced central defender to sort O'Ware out... and take the captaincy. 

Oliver, no... tidy footballer, but bottom line is that his scoring record is rotten. He's a striker, no use to anyone if you are being outscored by midfielders season after season. How many Morton teams have been successful without having a striker that was capable of scoring double figures in a season?

Tiffoney... shouldn't have been in the first team this year. A lot to work on, if you are being kind give him another year... and hope he grows up (on and off the park).

Iredale, have hardly seen him play, but if he isn't commanding a regular starting position, just how good can he be?

Strapp, not a first team player, so didn't consider him (or any other young bench warmers).

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Lamie, Could have him around as a squad player, but think what we need is a more experienced central defender to sort O'Ware out... and take the captaincy.

Oliver, no... tidy footballer, but bottom line is that his scoring record is rotten. He's a striker, no use to anyone if you are being outscored by midfielders season after season. How many Morton teams have been successful without having a striker that was capable of scoring double figures in a season?

Tiffoney... shouldn't have been in the first team this year. A lot to work on, if you are being kind give him another year... and hope he grows up (on and off the park).

Iredale, have hardly seen him play, but if he isn't commanding a regular starting position, just how good can he be?

Strapp, not a first team player, so didn't consider him (or any other young bench warmers).

More world class fishing from the world's foremost Peroni suckling parasite wind up merchant.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Lamie should be first choice centre half, given performances this season. More likely another club would be looking to take him.

Oliver, if he has a number 9 type with him is of course required next season.

If you haven't seen iredale you have missed a genuine asset that we have. He needs given another contract.

Tiffoney has come in this season and improved. He needs to develop but better readers of a player than you or I have spotted real potential there. Also intrigued be his attitude problems. Really?

Strapp has been around the squad for two seasons and been on loan.

We have had this disagreement before about Kilday and im in the camp that wouldn't be sad to see him leave, never really rated him, no idea why he was he made the club captain, injury prone & he gets thrown about like an empty shellsuit by strikers. TOW is the better centre half in my opinion, but again I don't think he's irreplaceable if he goes as he hasn't had the best of seasons this year. Don't think there will be too many clubs above us that are clambering to sign him to be honest

The thought of McHugh & Thomson staying on for another year gives me the boke an all

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Archived