Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness CT (2nd March)

Admin

8 hours ago, tonnick said:

To continue the biblical theme Carragher just before HT went down with a head wound apparently severe enough for the ref to halt play. Someone must've said something or had a sly dig and he miraculously springs to his feet sparking a stramache lasting several minutes, headache all gone happily for him. The ref restarts giving possession to ICT when we were attacking. Sums up the game for me.

A drop ball inside the penalty box always goes to the defending team’s goalkeeper. We questioned it at the time but my mate checked up on the rule at half time as he thought that might have been the case.

Much as the referee was extremely weak, lost control of the game early and allowed Danny Devine to referee the game for him, he was correct in this instance.

image.png

17 hours ago, ChampTon said:

The twat up the back of the shed who was screaming "Get to fuck Imrie", lets hope his kind don't come back.

Aye people like that can get in the sea and not come back. Best unbeaten run in however many years and one game lost and the toys go out the pram every team is going to lose at some point yes it was poor and we didn't derseve anything but it's far from oh well the season is fucked. Oakley is a massive miss but it's a kick up the arse to everyone else to realise that they all have a part to play and it's time to step up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toby said:

A drop ball inside the penalty box always goes to the defending team’s goalkeeper. We questioned it at the time but my mate checked up on the rule at half time as he thought that might have been the case.

Much as the referee was extremely weak, lost control of the game early and allowed Danny Devine to referee the game for him, he was correct in this instance.

image.png

What they should then outlaw is the keeper then being allowed to immediately catch, or pick the ball up. He should have to play it with his feet. 

They did it with pass backs,  too easy for a defender to go down holding his head knowing that his keeper will ultimately be in possession with the ball in hand.

9 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

What they should then outlaw is the keeper then being allowed to immediately catch, or pick the ball up. He should have to play it with his feet. 

They did it with pass backs,  too easy for a defender to go down holding his head knowing that his keeper will ultimately be in possession with the ball in hand.

Drop balls are unchallenged now anyway, which is a nonsense imho, so it wouldn’t make a great deal of difference anyway.

With the back pass law introduced in 1992, there isn’t an active goalkeeper who played before its introduction so they’re all comfortable enough anyway.

What I would say is that Inverness spotted a weakness in the referee and played on it. Referees are possibly under a bit more pressure over head knocks just now after one of (not even the latest of) David Munro’s catalogue of 2023-24 monumental fuck ups when he didn’t stop play to allow treatment for Michael Mellon’s head injury in the recent Dundee v St. Johnstone game, when the injury turned out to be serious after hems told the players to get on with it.

That however, doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t have been stronger with them going down constantly to disrupt the flow of the game- as was emphasised in the second half when Samuel went down to receive treatment for a lengthy period only for them to replace his strike partner McKay a couple of minutes later. Had Samuel really been in any discomfort, there’s no way McKay would have been withdrawn.

We were out-shitfested by Inverness, but so too was an incredibly weak official.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, but if the keeper takes the ball into hand,  he's at liberty to run about the area basically for as long as he wants therefore wasting more time.

If he has to play the ball with his feet,  opposition players can at least apply some pressure making the keeper play the ball out.

Just my opinion. 

Glad they put that incident in the highlights ! That’s some world class cheating from Carragher there, his father will be so proud of him 

• Upvote 1

pen.jpg

Can chastise the ref all day long - he was horrific - but we were miles off it yesterday. It was evident from pretty much the first minute. 

The run was always going to come to end, but as others say, the team deserve massive credit and they've given us a fighting chance at a play off.

I said to my mate on way from Kirkcaldy the big test would be when the run does stop, we need to make sure we find form when it really matters in the run in.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Anyone hear what was up worh Jai yesterday? If injured again that's a concern but he seemed fine on Tuesday night. Could have done with his physicality yesterday. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

29 minutes ago, C B said:

Glad they put that incident in the highlights ! That’s some world class cheating from Carragher there, his father will be so proud of him 

Aye shockingly bad but got away with it due to the incompetence of the ref. I get why the rule is there, but it's existence allows it to be exploited and ref's need to look out for it more and be stronger, rather than just blow the whistle anytime someone goes down.Yesterday is a fine example of it, blatant cheating!

I'm sure he dived in the box for a pen in the second half too.

Ref also had no idea on our goal and clearly reacted to the Inverness players.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Anyone hear what was up worh Jai yesterday? If injured again that's a concern but he seemed fine on Tuesday night. Could have done with his physicality yesterday. 

Wouldn't award a new contract. 

• Upvote 2

TIME FOR CHANGE!

9 hours ago, C B said:

Don't come on here much most of the regulars usually sum up things pretty well but when you see blatant cheating like that you have to point it out. As everyone seems to agree it wasn't the reason for the result. The game finished at 5.00 because of their antics but we could've played until Dundee United turn up on Tuesday and still never scored.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Anyone know why GBR and Big Chris can no longer show video footage. 

That’s a shame. Chris is just an ordinary supporter doing his blog because he loves the club - unlike Blair who’s just an annoying pellet. It’s also not as though Chris is producing full match highlights in broadcast-quality 4K HD either A bit over-zealous I think.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

sickness bug.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DaftTon74 said:

sickness bug.

Good news.  He was a bit off the pace at Raith but understandable considering his injury woes.  A bug could be a blessing in disguise if he's fit for tomorrow.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"