Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (17th February) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Queens Park vs Morton (17th February)

Admin

It's a shame for us that they've appointed a manager who's used to the Scottish game and they no long believe the fantasy that the Championship is so bad that a four-year-old who can do six keepie-ups is dominant. I'm all for seeing gifted youth players at our level of the game but QP were talking the talk without walking the walk. Now they're back to basics. This will - Motherwell aside - probably be our toughest test since Dundee United. I'd be happy with a draw. 

EOho8Pw.png

Tough game but one we should be looking to get something from to keep the good run going. 

They have hit a bit of form and have added some experience so expect a completely different game from the last time we played them. 

Keep doing what we have the past month or so and no reason we can't get something. 

Always expect us to have an off day now and again, but if we play like we did against Motherwell we should have enough to get something. They have had a bit of a new manager bounce, but that may end at some point, albeit they look a better team now.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Not the worst result tbh. Undefeated again, another clean sheet, an additional point to further cushion us from Airdrie who have a game in hand. Shame we couldn't get closer to snapping at Partick's heels though.

Frustrating not to win that as we absolutely battered them 2nd half. Oakley has to score but it's a good save from Ferrie. 

Defensively brilliant once again. Don't think they had a single shot in the 2nd half. 

Unbeaten run continues and happy enough with a point. 

To add, I've never seen a team that dive as much as QP. Incredible. Paton spends more time on the deck.  

Edited by DumfriesTon

Did enough to win but just didn’t quite manage it. A bit of a bore to watch but the lack of atmosphere is to blame for that. If we’d been squeezed into lesser hampden we couldn’t generated a good atmosphere 

FTOF

Don’t recall Mullen making a save the whole game. QP keeper was voted there MotM I think. We were a bit sloppy at times, with a few instances of nearly getting caught in possession close to our area, but the players sorted it out without any major disasters. Not our day for luck in front of goal or for good refereeing. Steven Mclean booked Power for his first (minor) foul, which set the tone for a “look at me” performance. He then let QP players off for some quite nasty fouls. Should have won but a point is ok as it was the sort of game where we could have been mugged. 1-0.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

First half was a hard watch. Se indeed half much better from us and we dominated although I thought those amateur pricks looked dangerous on the break. Had a fair number of chances and I'd like to see the highlights as I wonder if us not scoring was down to good goalkeeping or a lack of composure. Says a lot when the home teams goalkeeper gets motm (he's still a midden). Referee absolutely stinking and although i enjoyed Jai's tussle with their left back I think he was lucky to escape unpunished with what looked like a studs to the chest. Again it will be interesting to see that one back. 

Expected more from the boy Paton today but he spent most of his time on the deck or arguing with the Referee. Playing at Hampden with allegedly over 2000 fans in attendance is a total shambles. Difficult to build any kind of atmosphere. If I was a QP fan I'd be desperate for the club to get the lesser hampden debacle sorted and get back to playing there ASAP.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come