Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February)

• BishopBrennan changed the title to Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Motherwell (9th February)

The club have done a great job of marketing this up to today, but this really doesn't make any sense.

20240209_083252.jpg

They're just after saying late last night that "over 2000" home tickets have been sold. The three home ends of Cappielow combined hold well over 7000. Even if the capacity of the Cowshed has been reduced by something ridiculously huge like 2000 by the gantry, how on earth can there possibly be a limited number of tickets left today, unless thousands were bought overnight?

Also pretty poor to only say today that the ticket office won't be open, when those without a smartphone might have been waiting until tonight to buy their tickets then won't have a chance to get to Smiths today, whereas they could have planned for it if they'd known earlier in the week.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

The club have done a great job of marketing this up to today, but this really doesn't make any sense.

They're just after saying late last night that "over 2000" home tickets have been sold. The three home ends of Cappielow combined hold well over 7000. Even if the capacity of the Cowshed has been reduced by something ridiculously huge like 2000 by the gantry, how on earth can there possibly be a limited number of tickets left today, unless thousands were bought overnight?

Also pretty poor to only say today that the ticket office won't be open, when those without a smartphone might have been waiting until tonight to buy their tickets then won't have a chance to get to Smiths today, whereas they could have planned for it if they'd known earlier in the week.

What hasn't made sense to me for a while is why the the barriers in the Cowshed haven't been moved back to where they were before they put up the banner to separate fans when they had the away fans in the far end of the Cowshed for a while. There must be a capacity of over 1000 in the unused area of the Cowshed. Which, being covered, would be very handy to use. If that's the case then it seems likely that the total capacity of the Cowshed/Sinclair St. areas has been reduced by at least 2000 for tonight. 

That should, as you say, still leave around a 5000 capacity in total for the home support. So it seems strange that it would be limited at this point. And I do feel for anyone who was planning to buy a physical ticket tonight - not a great point to be putting out that message. 

How are they intending to deal with folk who don't follow every social media post from the club?  I'm guessing that they will in fact open the ticket office rather than have loads of folk milling around in Sinclair Street in a poisonous mood because they can't get a ticket.  That statement looks to me as if they are trying to maximise the number of online tickets sold, which is perfectly reasonable, and at the last minute they will actually have staff in situ to sell paper tickets to walk-up supporters.  Not to do so would be daft.

• Upvote 2

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Alright folks does anyone know if it's possible for me to buy a ticket on the fanbase app for someone else and send them the QR code?  Saves them downloading it and setting up an account

Aye I did that.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alibi said:

How are they intending to deal with folk who don't follow every social media post from the club?  I'm guessing that they will in fact open the ticket office rather than have loads of folk milling around in Sinclair Street in a poisonous mood because they can't get a ticket.  That statement looks to me as if they are trying to maximise the number of online tickets sold, which is perfectly reasonable, and at the last minute they will actually have staff in situ to sell paper tickets to walk-up supporters.  Not to do so would be daft.

Thats assuming they have sufficient paper tickets left to sell?

2 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

What hasn't made sense to me for a while is why the the barriers in the Cowshed haven't been moved back to where they were before they put up the banner to separate fans when they had the away fans in the far end of the Cowshed for a while. There must be a capacity of over 1000 in the unused area of the Cowshed. Which, being covered, would be very handy to use. If that's the case then it seems likely that the total capacity of the Cowshed/Sinclair St. areas has been reduced by at least 2000 for tonight. 

That should, as you say, still leave around a 5000 capacity in total for the home support. So it seems strange that it would be limited at this point. And I do feel for anyone who was planning to buy a physical ticket tonight - not a great point to be putting out that message. 

I’ve been wondering what they’ll do with that area tonight- they could really use that area, but I can see it being closed off to accommodate the TV studio.

1 minute ago, capitanus said:

What a goal.  What a player.

The only downside is there's a very low percent chance we hold onto him this summer.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The only downside is there's a very low percent chance we hold onto him this summer.

The fortunate thing is at least the transfer window is closed, so he'll at least see the season out with us.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*