The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

You would hope we would get about maybe 5k though the doors tomorrow you would fancy them to bring 2k and then hopefully around 3k for us. 

Absolutely buzzing for this, there is a lot of hype with it being on the tv and the run we are on let's just hope it lives up to it. 

If we win quarter finals of the Scottish cup when is the last time we said that. 

34 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

You would hope we would get about maybe 5k though the doors tomorrow you would fancy them to bring 2k and then hopefully around 3k for us. 

Absolutely buzzing for this, there is a lot of hype with it being on the tv and the run we are on let's just hope it lives up to it. 

If we win quarter finals of the Scottish cup when is the last time we said that. 

‘97? At home against Kilmarnock. Remember the Sinclair Street end feeling absolutely rammed that day.

12 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

‘97? At home against Kilmarnock. Remember the Sinclair Street end feeling absolutely rammed that day.

We were in the quarter finals in 2016 and 2018, both against Celtic at Parkhead. It’s not exactly uncharted territory in recent years.

Kettlewell very complimentary of Morton and Imrie in his pre match interview on the Motherwell YouTube channel. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Kettlewell very complimentary of Morton and Imrie in his pre match interview on the Motherwell YouTube channel. 

Yup, showing a bit of respect and humility that some Championship managers would do well to copy

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant
  • Upvote 1

I've always had a lot of time for Kettlewell, even as a player, and I think he will have his team well-drilled tomorrow. However, we're a match for anyone right now. Remember, at a far worse ebb than this we gave Rangers a decent game at Ibrox. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Agree with the Kettlewell statement seems a decent guy and speaks well and some nice words rather than the usual narrative of big bad Physical hammer throwers which everyone else thinks we are. 

I can see it being tight tonight with maybe a goal either way. I just hope it doesn't go to penalties as I don't think I could take that. I assume it does and it's not replayed if it's a draw? 

• Upvote 1