Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July)

Admin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Accies win on penalties we drop to third best, and need Dundee not to win by 4 (or 5?) tomorrow? 

And if accies lose on pens were second best and through regardless? 

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

So if Accies win on penalties we drop to third best, and need Dundee not to win by 4 (or 5?) tomorrow? 

And if accies lose on pens were second best and through regardless? 

If it is goals scored then Dundee need to win 6-0.  Accies first to miss in the shoot out.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Just now, TAFKAC said:

If it is goals scored then Dundee need to win 6-0.  Accies first to miss in the shoot out.

From Wikipedia:

Rules for classification: 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) drawing of lots

So aye, good news. 

Lovely stuff, irrelevant anyway thanks to Cove. 

EOho8Pw.png

Given that the draw for the next round is seeded it could be something dire like away to Motherwell* but it could also be a winnable home game against Airdrie or a LUCRATIVE Old Firm draw to replenish Dougie Imrie's WAR CHEST. 

*I was about to write away to St Johnstone but they shat the bed, so at least that's not happening. 

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Given that the draw for the next round is seeded it could be something dire like away to Motherwell* but it could also be a winnable home game against Airdrie or a LUCRATIVE Old Firm draw to replenish Dougie Imrie's WAR CHEST. 

*I was about to write away to St Johnstone but they shat the bed, so at least that's not happening. 

Seeds:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibs

Airdrie

Ayr

Motherwell

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Seeds:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibs

Airdrie

Ayr

Motherwell

I'd take any of those except Motherwell. The teams in our division are beatable, we still have Hibs in our pocket, and the other ones will have cash. 

EOho8Pw.png

Another professional performance overall. Could and should have been a few more goals if it wasn't for poor decision making and good goalkeeping. First half was a rough watch and we aimed a lot of long balls up to Muirhead and Oakley. Bringing the 4 subs on changed our style and added a bit more urgency. 

Would be good to add at least a  first choice right back and a back up keeper to the squad before the Ayr game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived