Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July)

Admin

58 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Job done, but I thought we were poor for long spells of that game and 4-1 very much flattered us.

Hearts away please and thank you.

I don't agree that the scoreline flattered us - we also missed some excellent chances (Quitongo shooting instead of squaring the ball in the first half; the free header floated straight off the post into the keeper's arms in the second - three huge chances were actually missed around the hour mark). 

That doesn't mean that our performance was 100% convincing but on another day we convert those chances even if we don't score the ones we did today. Edinburgh faded badly in the final half hour which led to a fully deserved result and scoreline.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted to have a manager that sets standards and is not afraid to call out players when they let standards slip. Aside from progressing to the next round, the other positive is financial which allows Imrie to add to the squad and depending on the draw maybe even more than one body. Hearts away would be a good pay day and a great day out otherwise a home draw. Sunday now becomes a more interesting day.

25 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Delighted to have a manager that sets standards and is not afraid to call out players when they let standards slip. Aside from progressing to the next round, the other positive is financial which allows Imrie to add to the squad and depending on the draw maybe even more than one body. Hearts away would be a good pay day and a great day out otherwise a home draw. Sunday now becomes a more interesting day.

Incorrect. The right draw is against Airdrie or the Little People as laughable 'seeds' and then taking on anyone in the quarter final. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

From the start of the second half to scoring the second in particular we were poor and there were some individuals having very poor games throughout - Gillespie will probably only keep his place for next week thanks to Blues' suspension - but we still could easily have won that by more. When we swapped Quitongo to the left we opened them up a lot more easily, and if he would ever pass the ball when he's cut in at the byline rather than shooting from impossible angles he could have had three or four assists.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived