Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Edinburgh City (29th July)

Admin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I was of a mind not to accept a refund after the St.Mirren debacle.

Not now I'll be looking for a refund for both games.

How can things be so different from the Covid times 

I was going to let the St Mirren match go as well, but don't think that will happen now. That's taking peoples money and not providing a service at all..

As things stand at this exact moment, we are going through as the runner-up with the second-best record:

Stirling, Morton, Forfar, Livingston

However, this could change, and I still expect Livingston to finish above us via bonus point at least. 

The good news is that Raith are 2-0 down at Annan, meaning they need a four-goal turnaround (assuming our game remains at 1-0.)

We're not getting the goals but Annan are doing us a massive favor, so barring a huge shock at Galabank we just need to stay the course. 

I expect the top four runners-up to finish:

Stirling, Livingston, Morton, Dundee

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

As things stand at this exact moment, we are going through as the runner-up with the second-best record:

Stirling, Morton, Forfar, Livingston

However, this could change, and I still expect Livingston to finish above us via bonus point at least. 

The good news is that Raith are 2-0 down at Annan, meaning they need a four-goal turnaround (assuming our game remains at 1-0.)

We're not getting the goals but Annan are doing us a massive favor, so barring a huge shock at Galabank we just need to stay the course. 

It's Annan 2 Raith 1, but Raith still need to score at least 3.

Another for us would help (obviously)

2 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

It's actually embarrassing.

I know the guys running this are volunteers, and overall they're doing a great job at the club, but this is an omni-shambles. They need to stop taking money off people until they can get at least the basics right. 

Agreed!!

1 minute ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

It's Annan 2 Raith 1, but Raith still need to score at least 3.

Another for us would help (obviously)

Also I just noticed I missed out Partick, who could take the lead at any time. 

A couple more goals will give us a real cushion ahead of Dundee. 

If Livingston lose on penalties that'll give us massive breathing room. 

Also I just remembered it's three runners-up and not four. My analysis is neither award-winning nor fact-based. 

EOho8Pw.png

Have finally managed to get the stream working for the 2nd half. If anyone trying to watch from abroad, I've used a VPN to the UK and its up and running now. Will still be requesting a refund als; absolute shambles that we still can't get this right.

42 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Edinburgh are playing an aggressively high defensive line so we need to get Quitongo involved in the game as much as possible - moving him from one position to another as well would be useful IMO. 

Or we'll just keep it predictable and so struggle to break them down. Started well but we lost our way before the goal and it hasn't really changed the game at all. The goalkeeper has been far too rash in the first half when otherwise there's not *too* much threat of us fucking things up. 

Hopefully we'll settle down in the second half.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

7 minutes ago, dundeeton said:

Have finally managed to get the stream working for the 2nd half. If anyone trying to watch from abroad, I've used a VPN to the UK and its up and running now. Will still be requesting a refund als; absolute shambles that we still can't get this right.

So a match that should only be watched by people outside the UK can only be watched from inside the UK..  Joke!!

Archived