Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Falkirk (9th July) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Falkirk (9th July)

Admin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be great to be back at the football again. Hopefully a good performance and win against this shower. A lot of new faces so will be interesting to see how we line up still feel we are a few bodies light but not heard any more rumours so that might be us but who know. 

Bloody hell. So that's Baird, O'Connor  Lithgow, Jacobs, Gillespie, Muirhead and Easdale all missing.

Strapp and Hynes at centre back, McGrattan in the middle and Kabia & Garrity off Quitongo in a 4-3-3?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That has to be a mistake.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wasn't expecting to be so threadbare before our first competitive game but I suppose Dougie still has some special pleading to do with the board. However whoever is playing just get the perennial failures hunted.

7 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Do you think Sir Douglas may be making a point to the board about the size of the squad? 

The far more likely explanation is that in addition to the already known injury for Lithgow and suspensions for Baird & Gillespie, O'Connor, Jacobs, Muirhead and Easdale are also all injured too.

Making a point in the dead rubber at Arbroath is one thing; deliberately leaving anyone out of the squad for this game to only have one sub would be an absolutely disgraceful thing for a manager to do and I don't believe it for a second.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

The far more likely explanation is that in addition to the already known injury for Lithgow and suspensions for Baird & Gillespie, O'Connor, Jacobs, Muirhead and Easdale are also all injured too.

Making a point in the dead rubber at Arbroath is one thing; deliberately leaving anyone out of the squad for this game to only have one sub would be an absolutely disgraceful thing for a manager to do and I don't believe it for a second.

Yeah, I suspect you're right. Surprised though he didn't have at least few youth players on the bench in case of injuries.

Here's hoping there's still enough money left in the budget though to bring in a few more bodies, because we're bound to have similar periods of injuries and suspensions the course of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Yeah, I suspect you're right. Surprised though he didn't have at least few youth players on the bench in case of injuries.

Here's hoping there's still enough money left in the budget though to bring in a few more bodies, because we're bound to have similar periods of injuries and suspensions the course of the season. 

We need a cheap keeper for the bench and still surely have a few loans to come in. A starting striker, winger and versatile defensive cover at the minimum. 

We’ve narrowed the pitch, I see.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived